Thankful for YOU - 2020

You have a grandchild!?
Yes, he is 4 years old :love
His name is Oliver.
He is my son's son.
My son is 26 years old.
IMG_1070.jpg

Last edited:
Yea yea I know I’m probably singing the same song as others, and it sounds cheesy, but seriously the entire community of BYC deserves a round of applause for making this such an important resource. All our greeters especially who are the friendly faces that help newcomers feel they’re welcomed here.

And you know, I’m still always going to be thankful for dear Sumi. A sweet face we will miss.

On a personal note, Thanksgiving is going to be sad this year without my grandfather-in-law. But I’m grateful to have had these years with such an amazing man to call family. I’m thankful he isn’t suffering or in pain now. I’m extremely thankful for the family he raised. What an amazing, giving, sweet, friendly man. I’m sure going to miss him.

Oh... my... goodness! I have SO much to be thankful for! I can't even start to name all of the people who have helped me, guided me, chatted with me, and forgiven me! 😆 In the recent, wonderful past that I have been granted at BYC so far! Here are just SOME of the BYC peeps I am thankful for!
@casportpony
@CHlCKEN
@CrazyCochin
@DuckLady
@KaLe dA QuAiL
@Kiki
@R2elk
@room onthebroom
@TwoCrows
@Wickedchicken6
Thank you for mentioning me! you're awesome too ^v^

Truly thankful for? I don’t want to sound like I’m some crabby patty hermit who hates people, because that couldn’t be further from the truth. But I’m just old enough to remember the “good old days” and wish the world wasn’t in the shape it’s in today. It really is hard to trust most people anymore.

With all that aside, I am thankful for my birds, my chickens and my ducks. And going one step further, I am soooooo thankful that I am able to free-range them all, and not having experienced any predation. <knocks on wood> Having said that, I guess I should also say I’m very thankful for the watchful eyes (and never-ending bark) of my two outside dogs! They truly are a god-send!

And, of course, I really am thankful for my family, even though I don’t show them enough...I guess. 😬

So the very first time I don’t completely read the thread and I post ALL wrong. Good grief. I should delete it. (I feel like I did in school when I “didn’t follow the directions.”) But instead I will make this post correct.

I, like many others, have too many BYC family members that I’m truly thankful for, (and others that I’m not. :oops: Just saying!)

The greeters who first welcomed me several years back were wonderful, but the real ‘meat and potatoes’ of the BYC bunch have literally been life savers. All of them have rushed to my aid instantly and didn’t depart until answers were found or problems were solved. And for that, I am truly thankful.
@azygous
@casportpony
@Wyorp Rock
@aart
@WVduckchick
@BantyChooks
@coach723

Then there are those whose every post I read and reread, trying to learn anything new, whether it be the dreaded predators or the awesome world of genetics.
@centrarchid
@RoostersAreAwesome

And my thankful list wouldn’t be complete without those who have helped save me from the dredges of everyday life by making me laugh and ‘fuhgettaboutit.’
@Chickassan
@duluthralphie
@WannaBeHillBilly
@shawluvsbirds

I know there are more I’m thankful for, but for this old, CRS mind, I’m doing good to even remember that Thanksgiving is this week!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I suppose I should list some people here, however, I know those I don’t list will be screaming and yelling to be on my list.

I will start by listing @duluthralphie the smartest kindest person to ever live.

@BantyChooks listed me, I am sure it’s because I am her greatest mentor. She so gracefully accepted being wrong all these years when I pointed out to her (the official Grammar Nazi) the uses of the humble pe——-dash. Also the way she accepts use of multiple periods...... Her flexibility has grown as she prepares to ride that ice floe leaving us and the VWN forever. Please don’t pass up jumping on the chunk of melting ice ———this year........

I need to thank those aiding and abetting the terroristic actions of dux, without them I would not be enlisted in the noble effort battling dux to save mankind———— those traitors are:
@BantyChooks
@Mimi13
@shawluvsbirds
@WannaBeHillBilly
@Miss Lydia

There are all the people on “surviving Minnesota”
Everyone of them, especially those I have become real life friends with.
Two of whom are like family to the WW and myself:
@holm25
@MNChickMom

And the Minnesotans
@erlibrd
@Bogtown Chick
@bobbi-j
@ejb3810

And the non Minnesotans that want invaded the thread because they want to be Minnesotans
@Molpet
@jerryse
@R2elk
@itsasmallfarm

the people on the “honey factory” for helping me get through my first year of beekeeping, and will help me get to taste some honey next year with luck.

The turkey thread most of whom are listed above as are those from the honey thread.

and finally those naughty room girls that are always a laugh and trying to have my babies.
@casportpony
@WVduckchick
@Kiki
@room onthebroom
@shawluvsbirds

I am sure there are more but like @Mimi13 I am old and suffer serious CRS also.

Last edited:
I suppose I should list some people here, however, I know those I don’t list will be screaming and yelling to be on my list.

I will start by listing @duluthralphie the smartest kindest person to ever live.

@BantyChooks listed me, I am sure it’s because I am her greatest mentor. She so gracefully accepted being wrong all these years when I pointed out to her (the official Grammar Nazi) the uses of the humble pe——-dash. Also the way she accepts use of multiple periods...... Her flexibility has grown as she prepares to ride that ice floe leaving us and the VWN forever. Please don’t pass up jumping on the chunk of melting ice ———this year........

I need to thank those aiding and abetting the terroristic actions of dux, without them I would not be enlisted in the noble effort battling dux to save mankind———— those traitors are:
@BantyChooks
@Mimi13
@shawluvsbirds
@WannaBeHillBilly
@Miss Lydia

There are all the people on “surviving Minnesota”
Everyone of them especially those I have become real life friends with.
Two of whom are like family to the WW and myself:
@holm25
@MNChickMom

And the Minnesotans
@erlibrd
@Bogtown Chick
@bobbi-j
@ejb3810

And the none Minnesotans that want invaded the thread because they want to be Minnesotans
@Molpet
@jerryse
@R2elk
@itsasmallfarm

the people on the “honey factory” for helping me get through my first year of beekeeping, and will help me get to taste some honey next year with luck.

The turkey thread most of whom are listed above as are those from the honey thread.

and finally those naughty room girls that are always a laugh and trying to have my babies.
@casportpony
@WVduckchick
@Kiki
@room onthebroom
@shawluvsbirds

I am sure there are more but like @Mimi13 I am old and suffer serious CRS also.
Ralphie, you win the

TOO MUCH and
MOST HUMBLE Awards!!!! But really, what would we do without cha! :D :hugs

Back
Top Bottom