Thankful for YOU - 2020

Pics
First of all, I'm thankful for all the wonderful people that make this cite as awesome as it is! I'm thankful for @Starburst, @cluckmecoop7, and others for always being friendly, supportive, and fun! Also @CrazyCochin, and @RoosterWhisperer for teaching me how to make better art, and just being amazing! I'm thankful for @black_cat for lots of great threads and posts. There are way too many people, I can't fit you all! For all of you other fantastic people, I'm thankful for you!

Ok, thankful for getting through the tough times, but also for the good stuff. We got 4 Buckeye day old chicks and I got to take care of them and they are friendly, funny, talkative and follow me everywhere, they are free range, have full run of the barn, protected by very active horses and barn cats.

I'm thankful for my new friends @JadeFarms (I hope you have a great recovery!) @black_cat , and @Chicken ( hopefully that stays all caps... :oops:

Edit: ugh, the all caps CHICKEN is who I was trying to tag.... for some reason when I post it gets auto-changed...
Thank you, you’ve made my whole week even better because of everything.

Happy Thanksgiving! This is always my favorite time of year, because showing gratitude is very... fulfilling.

We all know it’s the members here who keep us coming back over and over again and make this the best community online. I wanted to start a “thankful” post last year to recognize my adoration for @aart and all of the things that I have learned here from her that honestly have helped my life beyond BYC. That thread is filled with such genuine admiration and stories of connection, I thought we really needed a new thread for 2020. (You can read through the original thread here).

So here’s your chance to show some appreciation, call out, embarrass and/or raise up those members here at BYC that make a difference for YOU.

This year, I have a couple of new call-outs.

1. @Ridgerunner - who doesn’t have advice from Ridgerunner in their history at BYC? Let’s get real! We all do. But it’s not even chicken advice that does it for me. YEARS ago, Ridgerunner told SOMEONE ELSE that “you’re going to waste 100x more energy agonizing over a decision than if you just got it over with.”

I’ll never forget it. I literally stop myself in my tracks ALL the time and say “Ridgerunner says to make the dang decision and move on.” (I certainly use more colorful language....)

that’s one of the things that makes BYC so unique. Commentary for *someone else* ended up changing MY life! Thank you, Ridgerunner!

2. @casportpony. If there’s something you enjoy at ByC, Casportpony had her hand in it somewhere. Her selfless dedication to things is fairly..... inspiring. Huge props to Kathy for being the glue to just about.... everything?

Speaking of Kathy, I have actual *friendships* budding out of the Hatch A Longs here. Friends that I’ve sent late night “what’s going on in my life” messages to, friends that are encouraging and supportive and helpful in ways that I never would have expected here! Love from me goes out also to @SnapdragonQ, @CluckNDoodle, @Kiki, and @BantyChooks for dealing with me behind the scenes for like half of this year!

LASTLY I really want to thank everyone who comes here and posts about their vulnerabilities, their mistakes, and their frustrations. It’s hard, I know it is, to put yourself out there like that. You have NO idea how helpful it is for members and lurkers around here. I have learned SO much through other people’s history and mistakes than I ever could have learned myself. Your difficult post or hard learning experience made it easier for someone else. Thank YOU!

Now.... it’s your turn to keep this chain going and share your thanks!!!

i’m notorious for doing posts that show my difficult times sometimes. I’m glad to know it helps other people learn. I suffer from ADHD, and life can be very difficult sometimes. Glad to know my posting about my experiences has actually made a difference in other peoples lives. I’m thankful for everybody who’s helped me through my difficult times.

Jared Nicholes

i’m notorious for doing posts that show my difficult times sometimes. I’m glad to know it helps other people learn. I suffer from ADHD, and life can be very difficult sometimes. Glad to know my posting about my experiences has actually made a difference in other peoples lives. I’m thankful for everybody who’s helped me through my difficult times.

Jared Nicholes
You have definitely made a difference, if it wasn't for you, who knows when I would get music lessons! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom