Thanks A Bunch :/

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by roosterjerry, Mar 26, 2009.

1. roosterjerry

roosterjerry Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2009
    Rineyville,KY
    Thanks to everyone and their pictures and stories:rolleyes: I had to go and get something I did not really need. I just came home with six assorted Bantams one of is a black Silkie not sure about the rest but 4 out of six have feathers on their feet. [​IMG]

2. Chickenfeet

Chickenfeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Cleveland, Ga.
    Congrats!!!!! We need pictures!![​IMG]

3. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Nope you didn't need them but you will. Then more and more. They ain't kidding when they say chickens are like potato chips laced with crack. BTW Welcome to BYC.

4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Of COURSE YOU NEEDED them. It's perfectly normal. Who wouldn't need them? No one here will tell you any different, you're doing fine. I have some spare delawares growing out, want some?

Bwahahahhaahahhahaha we're all NORMAL.

5. roosterjerry

roosterjerry Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2009
    Rineyville,KY
    Well here we go again:/ after yesterdays disaster and losing 2 of my hens I have found replacements they are 1 Americana hen that is laying and since I don't have a rooster I am getting an Americana roo too. Even though my neighbor's mutt killed my hens he is too cheap to fork over the cash for the ones I want and since he found some hens for eight bucks that is all he will give me. So I have to pay the rest.[​IMG]

6. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    uhoh, I smell incubator fever coming on!!! Once you get the "I need more chicks" fever, the incubator sickness sets in!!!! rahahaha one more on our side!!![​IMG]

7. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    GOD! Everyone here is sooooo telling the truth!

8. If it wasn't so easy to become a chicken parent via adoption from the feed store, a mailing from the hatchery, a present from a friend, a incubator full of eggs or a bid at an auction no one would own a flock.

It is just too easy and lets face it, they are easy to care for and they give you a lot in return.

It is spring, lets welcome our feathered friends.

9. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:rimshoes is right, it is soooo easy . . . and once you get rolling on this forum, people are tossing chickens in your path left and right. *sigh* Just keep building, and they will come.

[​IMG]

10. the_great_snag

the_great_snag Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Staples, Minnesota
    Quote:Chickens are classified as livestock, so in most places a dog that kills them is fair game to be shot. I would make sure your neighbor knows that before he lets the dog run on your property again... It sounds like he's trying to make things right though.

Enjoy your birds! Of course you need them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by