Thanks for all the help!!

Momof3teens

In the Brooder
Dec 8, 2018
Hi i would like to introduce myself, I am a mom of 3 and my two youngest are working on building a flock of chickens. We have 5 buff Orpington hens, 1 Lavender Orpington rooster and 6 barred rock hens. My 11yr old wants to start breeding and selling but I am really New to chickens. If anyone has some advice on where to look into t his more as MN has different regulation s. I tried the extension office here but didn't get much help. I will continue my search as well. We have a Barred rock rooster ready to join his hens as soon as we finish the Orpingtons a new coop.

Thank you to all of you that have posted i have learned most of my chicken knowledge from this forum.

alexa009

Crossing the Road
Apr 6, 2017
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry. There is always space for more members on the BYC roost! A breeding program sounds like a good 4H project for your 11 year old. He or she might start his/her own business potentially. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Last edited:

Top Bottom