Thanks for all your help!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sageblossom, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Sageblossom

Sageblossom New Egg

Sep 8, 2010
    Hi! I've just started with chickens, although I've hatched and kept button quail for the last five years. I have hatched two batches of chickens from my incubator this year. I kept a bantam ameraucana/EE mix, a buff laced polish and a partridge silkie from my spring hatch. The rest are with a friend who lives out of town.

I've gotten totally hooked on silkies and my latest incubator hatch is all silkies. I have six fuzzy blue and black babies that are four days old.

I live in a small town in Northern Arizona. I am currently trying to change the chicken laws in our town so we underground chicken keepers here will be legal (and I've found there are many quiet backyard chicken people here.)

I have 4 children who have all recently left the nest, so I've been filling it with my chickens and dogs (a poodle/pom and a huge but sweet chihuahua.) I've also developed a passion for backyard gardening, even though I am in the hot desert and thought it wouldn't work. I'm trying for a winter garden this year.

I'm into natural healing. I'm a Weston A. Price Foundation chapter leader and a Be Young Essential Oil trainer and distributor.

I've used BackYardChickens.com many times as a reference, and decided that it was time I got off the sidelines and actually joined. Thank you all for all your helpful advice!!

2. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Tennessee [​IMG]

3. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from south carolina/fla. [​IMG]

4. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in Central Florida