Thanks for having us

BamaNutt

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2018
Hey y'all. I'm Jackie. I was raised on a farm with chickens, hogs, goats, cows and various other animals. We raised our own food with 75+ acres of vegetables, fruits, herbs and also various foods for the animals. My wife and I just bought a house that has a chicken coop and run already to go. I want to teach my wife, Annie, how to be a bonified country girl by starting our very own small farm. She is from Queens, NY and I'm from Alabama. Our kids are all grown up and our oldest, Jordan, became a Dad a year ago. Our youngest, Brandon, is a Navy Corpman. We have all the time we need now to start preserving our future by raising most of our food. I look forward to new friendship's and catching up on what's new down on the farm!
Thanks for having us!
Jackie and Annie Conner

I would start by getting a couple of the hatchery catalogs! Let her choose some and you choose some. Have fun on your new farm!
Yep, she has been researching chickens since we found this home. We are going to look at chicks today. She wants a couple of Silkies and I just want three or four laying hens to start. I explained that farm life ain't easy and we should gradually build up our animal population so that we can have a Happy Place for us and our future endeavor into the farming life.

I explained that farm life ain't easy and we should gradually build up our animal population so that we can have a Happy Place for us and our future endeavor into the farming life.
Absolutely right, Jackie. I grew up on a farm and we also had a "working ranch" in the Panhandle of Texas. Nothing easy at all. Our neighbors called us "The Flintstones" cause we did everything the hard, old way! :gig
That having been said, it was the best of times, too! Annie will probably fall "in-step" with you and all the enjoyment that farm life will bring your way. Best of Luck!:)

Back
Top Bottom