Thanks for the add!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CraftyCrazyCluck, Apr 5, 2018.

1. CraftyCrazyCluck

CraftyCrazyCluck In the Brooder

Apr 5, 2018
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    I got my first chickens about two years ago. I started with geese and ducks and add chickens about 4-5 months later.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    I have 29 chickens, 2 geese and 6 ducks

(3) What breeds do you have?
    13 Seramas (4 mature males, 5 mature females, 4 month old chicks:3 female, 1 male); 3 Partridge Brahmas (1 male); 3 Easter Egger hens; 2 Silkie house roos; 1 RIR/Silkie roo; 1 each (all hens): Barred Rock, Black Astralorpe, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Gold Sex Link, Speckled Sussex; 1 two week old Silver Laced Polish and 1 one week old female Turken. I also have 2 Brown Chinese geese; 4 Black/White Muscovies (1 male, 1 female &2 young offspring); 1 female Pekin and 1 female Mallard.

(4) How did you find out aboutBackYardChickens.com?
    Google

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I love to do all sorts of crafts from paper crafts, clay, sculpting, painting, some sewing and more. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love making decorations!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

In addition to my flock(s), I have 3 cats, 2 dogs (1 is a Great Dane) and an Umbrella Cockatoo.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Wow you definitely sound like our kind of person. Wow!! Seramas are so neat ,they look like bowling balls with feathers. BIG chickens in a very SMALL package. My friend had two matronly Seramas,(one has since passed at 5 yrs. of age). They took over the dog's bed , steal his toys, take food from his dish etc. They also liked to sit on her lap while she watched TV.

3. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. It seems almost every forum will be of interest to you. Please make yourself at home here with u.

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G'Day from down under CraftyCrazyCluck :frowWelcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may be interested in these links:

5. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy:welcome:frow Happy :yato have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

6. N F C

N F C is it nap time yet?

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

What an interesting mix of animals you have...feel free to share photos if you'd like.

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

7. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    :welcome so glad you have joined us.

007Sean, Joeschooks, ronott1 and 2 others like this.
  8. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
  9. Jetblack2004

Jetblack2004 Free Ranging

Feb 22, 2016
    South East England
    My Coop
    :welcome
    It's very nice to have you here :frow

007Sean, Joeschooks and ronott1 like this.
  10. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, CA
    My Coop
    welcome.gif

You have a lot of very nice Poultry! Enjoy the site

007Sean, Joeschooks and N F C like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: