Thanks for the add!

CraftyCrazyCluck

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I got my first chickens about two years ago. I started with geese and ducks and add chickens about 4-5 months later.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 29 chickens, 2 geese and 6 ducks

(3) What breeds do you have?
13 Seramas (4 mature males, 5 mature females, 4 month old chicks:3 female, 1 male); 3 Partridge Brahmas (1 male); 3 Easter Egger hens; 2 Silkie house roos; 1 RIR/Silkie roo; 1 each (all hens): Barred Rock, Black Astralorpe, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Gold Sex Link, Speckled Sussex; 1 two week old Silver Laced Polish and 1 one week old female Turken. I also have 2 Brown Chinese geese; 4 Black/White Muscovies (1 male, 1 female &2 young offspring); 1 female Pekin and 1 female Mallard.

(4) How did you find out aboutBackYardChickens.com?
Google

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love to do all sorts of crafts from paper crafts, clay, sculpting, painting, some sewing and more. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love making decorations!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

In addition to my flock(s), I have 3 cats, 2 dogs (1 is a Great Dane) and an Umbrella Cockatoo.

Wow you definitely sound like our kind of person. Wow!! Seramas are so neat ,they look like bowling balls with feathers. BIG chickens in a very SMALL package. My friend had two matronly Seramas,(one has since passed at 5 yrs. of age). They took over the dog's bed , steal his toys, take food from his dish etc. They also liked to sit on her lap while she watched TV.

G'Day from down under CraftyCrazyCluck :frowWelcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may be interested in these links:

welcome.gif

You have a lot of very nice Poultry! Enjoy the site

Back
Top Bottom