Thanks for the deep freeze Mother Nature, frostbite on feet

Thank you for your reply, info, AND the video. He looks like his bootie is working out great! Same as you did, ive also taken pics of my hens' feet damage as it progressed. Her progression mirrored your cockerel very closely, including the photos where the foot turned black and peeled as if the foot had been burned. You have mentioned his spur may "get in the way" later. (Paraphrase). You would think i wouldnt share that concern since my patient is a hen. Except that my 5-year-old egg laying, very broody hen has glorious spurs that would make most roosters envious. Since your guy only has spur buds now, maybe i can figure out a solution to help You. Thanks again for your input; glad to know hes doing well.

Thank you for your reply, info, AND the video. He looks like his bootie is working out great! Same as you did, ive also taken pics of my hens' feet damage as it progressed. Her progression mirrored your cockerel very closely, including the photos where the foot turned black and peeled as if the foot had been burned. You have mentioned his spur may "get in the way" later. (Paraphrase). You would think i wouldnt share that concern since my patient is a hen. Except that my 5-year-old egg laying, very broody hen has glorious spurs that would make most roosters envious. Since your guy only has spur buds now, maybe i can figure out a solution to help You. Thanks again for your input; glad to know hes doing well.
So far the bootie fits well even without a bandage underneath. I think I should be able to modify the hole at the back that’s meant for the back toe, to allow for his spur when it starts to grow. 🤔 funny how some of those hens have the most impressive spurs! Haha.
He’s been moved into a covered, closed off section of the pen outside, and I gave him a little cuckoo silkie pullet for company. They’re both bullied by everyone else but they seem to get along nicely. :)

28353611-86D2-4ECF-A445-FFD9FB4AEA3E.jpeg

Wow first of all, that is the most beautiful Silkie ive ever seen! You were right about the foot preparing to detach; my hen's left foot came off this past Sunday (Easter). Shes gonna at least lose all the toes on her right foot; not sure about the foot itself yet. If u continue to post update pics of your boy's progress as his injuries heal, it will be very helpful to me and likely many others in the future too. Tu for your replies. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom