Thanks

Got this from the mail demon

Sorry, but the craigslist user address you recently mailed ([email protected]) does not seem to be valid. It could be you're trying to respond to a very old posting, or that the user has not requested anonymous email forwarding. Please check the address and try again.

Quote:
They were saying that it was there website, and to go check it out. They werent comparing.

They did not say it was their site.
They were comparing, I still have the window open from your original link...

here it is:
I have a few geese, they are my pets and yard annunciators. Each year, as spring approaches, my geese become twitterpated, start doing X rated things in the pond and then begin popping out eggs.

I don't want any more geese.

I don't eat eggs, or geese for that matter, I'm vegetarian.

A very dear friend, who can be a tad pushy at times, “suggested” I sell these fertile goose eggs, at considerably under market for such things, with a guarantee they will hatch.

I tried to explain to him that I literally can't give these eggs away because they're really rich and while excellent for baking, not so good scrambled. You could, however, fulfill your Fred Flintstone fantasies and have them sunny side up, they're big enough to drape the plate like Fred's dinosaur eggs. I always thought it would be fun to make deviled goose eggs and take them to a pot luck. These eggs are about the size of your average coffee mug. One deviled egg is a meal.

But ... THESE eggs are for hatching because I know they're fertile (our Sam is doing a very good job ... now that he's gotten the hang of it ... so to speak).

Ok, to please my friend, I guarantee they will hatch ... IF they are handled properly and not jostled around and IF they are properly incubated by either natural or artificial means. Sticking the eggs in an insulated cooler with a light bulb ... not proper incubation. Sticking even one goose egg under your average size chicken ... not proper incubation. Popping them in your oven on low for the next month ... not proper incubation.

Fertile Toulouse Goose Eggs (unwashed, all natural and organic from happy geese), $4/each. You pick up, I can try to ship them, but ... really? Wouldn't you rather meet the parents of your goose babies to be? If you insist, I will ship, but it will cost more and void the guarantee (I don't trust USPS to NOT jostle them around).

On eBay you can get six, delivered, with no guarantee for slightly more than $6/each
Here http://www.freewebs.com/sundownwaterfowl/index.htm they're $6/each plus shipping.

I have posted this ad to prove to my curmudgeony old friend (who I dearly love for all of his curmudgeoness) that NO ONE is interested in buying my fertile goose eggs. I have nine right now and the girls are popping them out regularly. $4 each, you pick up and I never hear the end of it.

Now I know, somewhere, out there, is one evil person who will spend $4 just to get the vicarious thrill of knowing I will have to endure “I told you so” from now until the end of time. Therefore, as long as supplies are available, there is a three egg minimum.

Then I might have read it wrong, but still thats not right. they were lying about the price anyway. But im pretty sure they were trying to change it at the time it was getting flagged.

Last edited:
Looks to me as if they were using your site as a comparison. It may not suit you but I see it as legit, it may even bring you more business being you have a formal site people can visit.

Quote:
Yes. That looks altered. Still, even it was like that, I wouldnt like that either.

That ad is different than what I first read too.. I bet they tryed to change it right before it got flagged..

If you find that listing up again with your website on it.. Maybe send them an email asking them not to use your website on their ad.. That might take care of it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Yes. That looks altered. Still, even it was like that, I wouldnt like that either.

I understand, I just wasn't sure if it was the same original post you seen or if it was altered...I wouldn't like people posting my website/email info out there either without my knowledge, but maybe it'll boost a little business for you too(maybe they did you a favor by posting your website) reading there posts they don't seem all there.....
I have posted this ad to prove to my curmudgeony old friend (who I dearly love for all of his curmudgeoness) that NO ONE is interested in buying my fertile goose eggs. I have nine right now and the girls are popping them out regularly. $4 each, you pick up and I never hear the end of it.
The 2 underlined sentences have me a bit confused to begin with...I guess she thinks noone will want her eggs at $4 a pop, so maybe you'll get customers for yours....Plus if someone gets her eggs she's never gonna hear the end of it....alittle confused there as well...
(just from her post I wouldn't purchase from her)

edited because I forgot to underline the 2 sentences....

Last edited:
Thank you all for flagging it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom