Thanksgiving Recipes

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Malibu99, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Malibu99

Malibu99 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    It may seem early, but I like to start thinking about Thanksgiving early. What are your favorite Thanksgiving recipes? [​IMG]

2. Janet Pesaturo

Janet Pesaturo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2013
    Bolton, MA, USA
    Hi! I like to use traditional seasonal ingredients in new ways. As a Massachusetts neighbor, you might appreciate this Thanksgiving dessert that I just added to my blog: Cranberry swirl cheese ice cream
    http://ouroneacrefarm.com/cranberry-swirl-cheese-ice-cream/

For a side dish, I really like sweet potatoes with fresh ginger and cream, and kale slaw.

3. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    We always have turkey and cornbread dressing because we love it so much but the rest of the feast is up to our individual tastes and who happens to be cooking. But our usual fare is a collection of favorites:
    We always make way too much food and then no one has to cook again until Monday, we heat it up and eat leftovers while visiting. The only cooking that goes on is for breakfast and we all take turns doing that.

Sweet potato casserole
    Broccoli rice casserole
    Green bean casserole
    Mexican corn casserole
    Mashed potatoes
    Fruit salad
    Homemade rolls

Pumpkin pie
    Pecan pie
    French silk pie
    Chocolate cake

4. Malibu99

Malibu99 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    That sounds like a great dinner... I'll be right over. [​IMG]
    If I wasn't allergic to corn syrup, I would so love that...It sounds delicious! :)

For Thanksgiving, we usually have sweet potato bake (I'll see if I can find the recipe... It's somewhere in the kitchen), turkey, mashed potatoes, and baked apples.

We don't do much, but there's only three of us so it's plenty. [​IMG]

5. Janet Pesaturo

Janet Pesaturo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2013
    Bolton, MA, USA
    You can just substitute a couple tbsp's of regular sugar. The small amount of corn syrup just improves the texture a bit. :eek:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by