Thanksgiving Stuffing (dressing) recipe....anybody?

I used to make mine as my DG did but a co worker opened our eyes to a new twist.
STUFFING BALLS
I cook a large chopped onion and about 5-6 stalks of chopped celery in a stick of butter.Add a can of chicken broth.
Then pour over 2 boxes of pre made stuffing mix from the store and a loaf of dried bread cubes.(I made ahead of time )or store bought.
mix this all together well, add an egg. Then we make stuffing balls and place in a greased or spray with Pam, 9x13 cake pan.about baseball size and bake in 350 degree oven untill toasted brown on the out side.My kids and Dh loves them.

What a cool idea ......
smile.png

Ok, I love my recipe... I changed it up from my sister in law's version...

Get 2 loafs Whole Wheat Bread and let sit out for a day (Or I try to buy it already old on clearance at walmart and freeze it). I like to chunk mine up on a cookie sheets and toast lightly under the broiler before I mix everything too.

Ok Now for the ingredients.

I finely chop or sliver 1-2, 1 per loaf of bread, Granny Smith apples (Rome and Red Johnathon are nice too)
I also add 1 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sweated onion (lightly cooked in oil until clear and not carmelized)
1/2 tbsp tarragon
1/2 tbsp sage (use about 6 leaves if you are using fresh)
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
16 oz chicken stock

mix together in large bowl making sure the bread sops up all the moisture. If its still too dry add a few tablespoons of water until you like the consistancy.

Either stuff your turkey or cook in a shallow glass pan. I usually cook in the pan, and mix once 1/2 way through cooking to help dry it out faster. I like my top crunchy. takes about 30-45 on low heat (350)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom