That da*% chicken math bug bit me!

I get it. I went into Meyer hatchery yesterday to pick up my order of 3 babies. I left with 8. Did you know that Meyer hatchery has a grab bag bin up front with a mix of any and all breeds for $2?!?! AAHHHHHHHHHH

Edit to say they are all motha F*#@ing PULLETS in the bins!
I wish I lived near the hatchery! Except, I've got too many, so I'm glad I don't. But I still wish I had access to $2 grab bag pullets! No I don't. But I do. :eek:

Hoping I've got DH convinced to build me a new coop under the guise of needing it for our seasonal fryers... We all know it'll be full of layers by next winter.

I wish I lived near the hatchery! Except, I've got too many, so I'm glad I don't. But I still wish I had access to $2 grab bag pullets! No I don't. But I do. :eek:

Hoping I've got DH convinced to build me a new coop under the guise of needing it for our seasonal fryers... We all know it'll be full of layers by next winter.
Hahah - yes to all of this!

I am currently incubating 22 Silkie eggs. When I started this journey a month ago, I did not INTEND to have 22 Silkies. I ordered 12 Silkie eggs while anticipating that not all of them will hatch. But the hatchery messed up my order so sent me extra eggs to make up for their faux pas.... I am only on day 5 so still a ways to go.

Anyway, when I began planning out my flock building plans in early January, I had INTENDED to incubate 12 Silkies, 6 Cream Legbar, and maybe 6 Chocolate or Lavender Orpingtons (hadn't made up my mind yet). I don't want to end up with more birds than my coop has space for.... So you can see that I've already got a dilemma by ending up with 22 Silkie eggs... However, I decided that maybe I can sell some of the chicks once they hatch.

Then I came across hatching eggs for these beauties.... :drool Now I am REALLY torn.....because I would LOVE to add them to my coop!! Wow!

View attachment 2534093
View attachment 2534095
View attachment 2534096
View attachment 2534098

I'm sorry but those are incredible, beautiful birds....

ETA....in all my ga ga over those pictures, I forgot to mention they are

SILVER PENCILED DUN/DUN CHOCOLATE/BLACK ENGLISH ORPINGTONS​

I've bought eggs from this breeder and have hatched the top picture chickens. I have 2 of the light and 2 of the birchen. They are cute and personable, and the roo is kind.

Back
Top Bottom