that is a big egg!!!!

mcostas

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 2, 2010
Has anyone else seen this video? I don't even understand how this is possible!

I can't hotlink. I hope one of those links works, you might have to copy and paste.

I had a EE hen that layed 2 eggs w/in an egg . Not a good sign for us. She ended up w/ a unresolved case of being egg bound. We had to cull her
hit.gif

This is obviously a manufactured egg. There was a news report I recently saw where this is widely done in China to sell fake eggs. Did you notice there was no white spots like you see in a real egg. Sadly, there are many people that buy and eat these man-made eggs and never know it!

NO, this same thing happened to my husband one morning. He thought the egg was maybe a triple yolk. That is exactly the way it looked. The egg in the egg was perfect too. The hens we had at the time were RIR and BSL.

What exactly do you mean by white spots???

I'm new to raising chickens and I just started having hens that lay eggs and I see a white spot (or two) when I crack open an egg. Well, a couple of weeks ago I saw this news report (evening news or Dateline-one of those shows) that was doing a story on this massive scam in China where people can make the eggs using moulds and pour the products in them to create the eggs and sell them as real. You can tell its fake if you candle it and don't see the airsack, but another giveaway is that white spot attached to the yolk.​

Back
Top Bottom