that is a big egg!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mcostas, Mar 21, 2011.

1. mcostas

mcostas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    Has anyone else seen this video? I don't even understand how this is possible!

I can't hotlink. I hope one of those links works, you might have to copy and paste.

2. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    I had a EE hen that layed 2 eggs w/in an egg . Not a good sign for us. She ended up w/ a unresolved case of being egg bound. We had to cull her [​IMG]

3. jenesis536

jenesis536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    Ok, 1... that was hilarious hearing their excitement in Japanese. 2... that was a huge egg!

4. mcostas

mcostas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    I was wondering if it were some kind of trick!

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Nope, no trick it can happen!! [​IMG]

6. mrsfarmchick1

mrsfarmchick1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2010
    Bandera, Texas
    This is obviously a manufactured egg. There was a news report I recently saw where this is widely done in China to sell fake eggs. Did you notice there was no white spots like you see in a real egg. Sadly, there are many people that buy and eat these man-made eggs and never know it!

7. Barred Babies

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Quote:What exactly do you mean by white spots???

8. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    NO, this same thing happened to my husband one morning. He thought the egg was maybe a triple yolk. That is exactly the way it looked. The egg in the egg was perfect too. The hens we had at the time were RIR and BSL.

9. Barred Babies

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    I had to go google man made eggs, never heard of them. Oh yeah the outside might look like a real egg but the inside sure as heck don't!!

10. mrsfarmchick1

mrsfarmchick1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2010
    Bandera, Texas
    What exactly do you mean by white spots???

I'm new to raising chickens and I just started having hens that lay eggs and I see a white spot (or two) when I crack open an egg. Well, a couple of weeks ago I saw this news report (evening news or Dateline-one of those shows) that was doing a story on this massive scam in China where people can make the eggs using moulds and pour the products in them to create the eggs and sell them as real. You can tell its fake if you candle it and don't see the airsack, but another giveaway is that white spot attached to the yolk.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by