That is a Plucker?

roosmom

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
upper peninsula
My DH told me that he was not going to have time to build a plucker. So I resigned myself to plucking chickens. While I was on here last night, he was outside doing something.
My head whipped around when the drill sounded off right next to my ear. "what is that?" I asked him. "our plucker" he says proudly.
So who here is interested in pics of the plucker he brilliantly threw together? I will post them after we try it out this weekend. LOL cant wait.

Hopefully yours works better than the one I tried. I made one out of a drill and gave up on it after about 10 sad seconds of plucking. Now I'm making a whizbang.

Quote:
It didnt work. We didnt try it with wet feathers tho. Hubby had taken a 4" hole saw and stuck rubber bungee cords thru the ready made slots in the hole saw. He also made about four more slots in the hole saw. I honestly thought this would work because he hooked it up to his two handled drill. OH WELL, I found out that plucking is not hard.

That is kinda what we found out. But, having read everything and made a list, some things just got mixed up and I couldnt remember when to dunk them in the scalding water.. Like I said, next time will be better. besides, Dry plucking wasnt so bad.

I'll tell ya, everything is a learning experience.
smile.png

Once you stop learning you are either dead or boring. I'd rather be dead.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom