That was so neat! Lasik

Sometimes PRK is the only option if there isn't enough tissue to make a good flap.

Isn't it weird how there's not one single eyeball the same from person to person? Brother in law had PRK, says it was great, just took longer to heal. Co worker had PRK, it's been 3 weeks and he's hating life.

Such a risk, now that I think about it. They can honestly not tell you what to expect from your eyes, just try. For most people, it works. I see better now than I did with glasses or contacts. The ghosting was in and out, and stopped yesterday.

Husband can't get over what it looked like when they had the flap up, since he got to watch on a video monitor. I was laughing so hard the other day about something, and I was like "OMG I'm laughing so hard it feels like my eyelid is going to flip up" and he was like "Don't say that! I can see the flap!". I think seeing it freaked him out for life.

I had a disastrous result from LASIK. It was the worst decision of my life. Severe dry eyes, massive halos and starbursts at night -- unable to drive or participate in any dim light activities, floaters, and induced astigmatism. I was back in glasses within a couple of months, but with severely impaired vision which has only gotten worse over the years. I would caution anyone considering LASIK to proceed with an abundance of caution and skepticism, and to read the warnings on http://lasikcomplications.com/. I'm happy for those who had a good experience, but for those who do not, LASIK can be devastating. There are several documented LASIK suicides -- go to YouTube and search "lasik suicide". You only have one pair of eyes and LASIK is irreversible.

I worked with a lady who got a new job with an eye surgeon who did Lasik. As an employee benefit, she could have free Lasik if she wanted it. She decided to do it. She hated the aftermath. Her eyes did not look like normal eyes anymore, I cannot say why, but they did look weird, like they were always glazed over. She had problems with dry eyes, prescribed eye drops did not help. She told me that her vision had been better when she wore her glasses than after the Lasik. She had wished she never had it done. My son had it three years ago, he did not have one problem, he loved it. He is a pilot, and he is glad that he doesn't have to wear glasses. The lady that had the surgery was in her 40's, my son was 24. The lady had her surgery about 13 years ago. You just never know how it will turn out. This lady was the only one I know that was unhappy with Lasik, the other 5 people I know who had it were very happy. I have absolutely no desire to have it, I am in my 50's. My good friend has been considering it for the last 5 years.

Had mine done, had the ghosts but it went away but only comes back if I am tired. Was blind as a bat at night for the first six months LOL! Good thing I had people I trust to lead me around after CW balls, or night events. The doctors told me as I get older, I would require reading glasses, which I had to start wearing them last year after a year of trying to focus on my cross stitching patterns but reading or using computer not a problem. I was VERY near sighted for YEARS and glad I had it done. It was scary at first, one eye one day and the other eye the next day. It took me about five to seven days for all my focus to be done because of the severity of my eyes and the muscles needing to focus on objects. I didn't drive much at night in the first six months and after that, no problem.

I highly recommend it. Do your research first and find the best doctor people highly recommend.

Back
Top Bottom