The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry ChickenFox :( .

I went to check on mine and again I missed it..grr. It’s getting harder to see in the incubator because the sides have smeared by the chicks. I can tell the new one is dark and very noisy.

705D83CA-9D53-4524-A047-CC3701ADA3F8.jpeg

61DAA8B2-C8D5-4E5B-9FD4-B8D86794627F.jpeg

My first chick has been panting and has been in the incubator since mid morning. I took it out really quick but realized quickly that I need to work on my Bator:oops:.

B9B7B893-B6E2-4075-B0D2-A9DAFED67DD0.jpeg

I really haven’t realized how big my March has gotten (19days old). So yup that won’t work. They could get right in there and crush baby ( basket was a temporary idea until they get stronger). So I gave new chick some water (it was soo thirsty) and put it back in the incubator until I rig something up a bit better. I put my incubator down to 98.9 degrees.

Last edited:

I went to check on mine and again I missed it..grr. It’s getting harder to see in the incubator because the sides have smeared by the chicks. I can tell the new one is dark and very noisy.

View attachment 1743591
View attachment 1743589

My first chick has been panting and has been in the incubator since mid morning. I took it out really quick but realized quickly that I need to work on my Bator:oops:.

View attachment 1743597

I really haven’t realized how big my March has gotten (19days old). So yup that won’t work. They could get right in there and crush baby. So I gave new chick some water (it was soo thirsty) and put it back in the incubator until I rig something up a bit better. I put my incubator down to 98.9 degrees.
Nice atch!

View attachment 1743591
View attachment 1743589

View attachment 1743597

I really haven’t realized how big my March has gotten (19days old). So yup that won’t work. They could get right in there and crush baby. So I gave new chick some water (it was soo thirsty) and put it back in the incubator until I rig something up a bit better. I put my incubator down to 98.9 degrees.
Think next time I hatch I'll put something in each corner just to keep any rollers from getting trapped. It was a freak accident and sucks but I'll learn from it.

Ooooh such cuties you have!! :love Maybe you'll catch the next one hatching!

I am so jealous! And i am freaking out a bit. I made a new rack to hold egg trays , and painted it so the wood would stay dryer. I waited 24 hours for the paint to dry. But when i opened the bator tonight, it smelled like paint. Hoping the fumes didn't kill all my chicks!!
I took all the chicks from the last hatch out into the brooder in the barn. So it will be quiet in here until these guys start peeping...hopefully. i thought i heard a chirp from the turkey incubator in the bathroom. Hoping for a great hatch there!

They're popping like popcorn now. LOL I've gone from 2 to 6 chicks in just a couple hours. Definitely no sleep for me tonight. Worth it though. I have hope for 3 more eggs so we'll see what happens with those. So far I'm at 3 EE, 2 d'uccle and 1 sebright. I still see movement through the pip in another Sebright, a growing pip in another EE and a newer pip in another d'uccle. Nothing from the last Sebright egg. It's the one that looked a little funny to me right before lockdown but was rocking away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom