The 3chickateers...

I appreciate your help. Any idea what the black female is?

So, roosters can be really sweet then? Carol Burnett cuddles with me on the couch every night. Wrapped up in a blanket... and we watch our sports together. 😂😂
my mind is blown right now and I feel stupid... but this is why I signed up on here, I knew I would get answers. The things I am learning.
Yes, roosters can be sweet. You only hear stories of them being aggressive, and mostly experience ones that are mean OR distrustful and stay away from you.
But they can be lovebugs. Trust me, I know. But then...
When hormones kick in, though, EVERYTHING can changes. They turn into kinda a live wire of crazy masculine hormones. They begin to breed hens. They start to (not always) see you and family and friends as competition.
Your pullet will be overmated to death if she is kept alone with those two when the hormones kick in. If you have rooster laws, or even not, but you have a chicken limit, the unfortunate truth is you will have to give the roosters away. If you can't get enough hens to keep them busy, which is usually for breeds like yours 10:1, you just can't do it.
If you decide to give the roosters away, hopefully to loving homes, you will need two more girls for your remaining baby. She needs friends.
I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is.

Back
Top Bottom