Not open for further replies.

I'm in -

set these this am:

16 Light Sussex
2 silver sussex
6 BBS Marans
5 silkie/ silkie cochin mix

29 total for hatch-a-long!

I also set set some showing (5 bantam barnyard mix; 2 LF barnyard mix) 14 days or so ago - to test the incubator. all looks great so figured I would give them to the broody hen that i have hogging the nesting box. Moving them tonight when i move her into a new pen

I set 51 bantam Polish, 15 Tolbunt Polish, 2 Nankins, 3 bantam Cochins, 18 Olive Eggers (89 eggs total). I am hatching in a Sportsman 1502. Set at 1:15 PM (I wasn't home at noon) Since the eggs aren't pretty I will show you what I'm hatching. :) Bantam Polish: Tolbunt Polish Cochins OE's Nankins (our rooster went trick or treating with us)

Last edited:
Okay, I am about to brave the rain (YES!! Rain! We soooooo need it after this long drought!) to go down to my basement to set the eggs. I thought I'd set some eggs a few days ago that I got from a fabulous trade with TheBirdGuy, but it turns out I had unplugged the incubator, so they sat there patiently waiting for me...

So, I am setting:

12 Icelandics
2 Lemon Cuckoo English Orps
20 Isabel Orps
3 Partridge Chanteclers
9 secret Chocolate Project
16 Auratas (it's a code name for now)
4 SoAms
7 Chocolate/Blue/Mauve/etc Ameraucana Project
17 FBCMs
1 d'Uccle
7 B/B/S/Mottled banty Cochins
12 Konza Prairie Rangers
2 Chocolate Ameraucanas
11 Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas
7 Black Turkeys

Someone help me- that's 147, right?

Last edited:

Since my shipped eggs didn't arrive (grrrr), I added what I had of my own. Final count:

2 Swedish Flower Hens
3 EE
12 Orpington x
12 turkey
208 quail
………………
237 total

At 1:30 EST I set 10 Lavender/Split Ameraucana eggs and 18 of a mix of EE and OE eggs. Still waiting on a small group of Orpington eggs that the PO somehow lost!
hmm.png

I was livid yesterday as my hatching eggs that were sent from CA sat in Charlotte NC for THREE days before coming to me. I am in Asheville on the west end of NC and Charlotte is on the east side. EVERY time I get hatching eggs this happens. They must be taking long naps in Charlotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom