The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help it! I love the sound of chirping chicks. I can lay in bed and fall asleep to the sound. Sweet little baby things anyway!

Good night all........

Well, my final count is 13 hatched. I had a clear that I removed at 10 days. Thought that the two with really bad air cells would hatch. Last night they were peeping in their shells. Two hours later at bedtime I checked again as they were the last of the orpingtons, no cheeps. No movement. Went in with manicure scissors and they were gone. The cells were elongated and saddle shaped. Instead of deep they were very shallow. I think they pipped internally and with the rolling from the others, and there own weight the cells collapsed and the chicks suffocated.
hit.gif
They were so beautiful. One jet black the other a gorgeous blue. Even wet they were so lovely. I now have two gorgeous and fluffy blues and two gorgeous fluffy black orps. All 9 of my silkies hatched.
love.gif
They are the cutest little pippers. They were supposed to be an even number of buff and white, but they look like partridges and lavenders, maybe a splash. Think somebody may have sent the wrong eggs to the wrong people.
hu.gif
Well, they are mine now and I love 'em! The dh and I decided to get a few meat chicks this week, so today I headed in to TSC and bought a dozen cornish x. Sneaky people over there just had to put those cute little ducks in the stupid bin RIGHT in front of me.
idunno.gif
What was I to do. My dh and I had not even discussed ducks. Uh, well, we now have two little pekins currently residing with the cornish x. Huh. I don't know how it happened. Must be the trauma from losing my sweet orpingtons. My husband was fairly excepting. He knows his wife.
love.gif
Hope everyone's hatches are going or have gone well!

Lots of load thunder and tonsof lightening. Three bators in lockdown. Oh yeah! Kim's gotta hatch going on and Kim's Law has kicked in. Paniced over the power going off.

Well put of my 15 eggs 5 made it to lockdown ... Some were clear 2 were quitters. Of those 5 I have 2 out... They should hatch sometime tomorrow (at least that's what was planned (g) I'll get picks later looks like one is blue and one is either really dark blue or black... We'll see in the morning.(g):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom