The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAPPY EASTER everyone!!! Congrats to everyone with chicks.
jumpy.gif

Checked on my 8 Easter Egger chicks that hatched yesterday. All are doing well, drinking and snuggling eachother. I loved Springtime!

Last edited:
FINAL COUNT HERE is 15 until next LOCKDOWN this week, oh and Broody Black Betty is soon hatching!! YAYA!!!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY Y'all!

Here is my report 17 eggs set, 6 infertile, 11 made it to lock down. 4 hatched, had to put one down for a deformed head and beak. So I have 3 health chicks. They are a Polish/RIR cross. One even has a fro. Did eggtospy all but one was dead and it was way under developed. I will be setting my sqh RIR and some more this afternoon. Have a blessed day everyone!

Just assisted my last egg (Welsumer). She had been shrink wrapped evidently. The membrane was all clear & slid off easily once I wet it down. She is alive & kicking and drying off in the incubator. I gave her a couple drops of vitamin water as well.
celebrate.gif

My friend's incubator had been running low & even tho she set 3 days ahead of me, she still had no pips or anything. One baby had died in shell, but the other I transported home in an insulated lunch bag with a heat pack. 15 minutes after I put the egg into my incubator, it pipped! No kidding! Just checked it again after assisting the wellie & she is still making noise, so back in the 'bator with some extra water water added for a humidity boost. This will be the last egg (if she makes it). Otherwise, I had 16 hatch (including the assisted) out of 20 eggs set.

As for the chick who can walk (Turtle), I just gave her some more vitamin water & took her for a "walk". She seems slightly better, but not 100% yet. So more vitamins and back into the coffee mug she went. (I didn't have any tea cups)
idunno.gif

Happy Easter

31 set 30 out..that one left is so lazy. Just sitting in its egg... taking its sweet time. The last 3 chicks left in the incubator have made its hole larger and talk to it once and a while. No eye pecking yet, so everything is all good. I am hoping the nagging siblings make it get out.

So far we have 8 chicks hatched, 1 pipped and a few more rockin' and rollin'! I candled one egg whilst grabbing fluffies out for the brooder...I think it died. Fingers crossed for more chicks when we get home from church. HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!
jumpy.gif

Some pix:
My hens were Blue Andalusian & Brown Leghorn under an EE roo (which are the blue/silver chicks & the chipmunk chicks respectively).
Also I had some BCM eggs, I got the hens off Craigslist so the babies may be pure (he has BCM roo) but he also had a Salmon Faverolles roo, so don't really know who the daddy is. They are the black chicks and the 2 golden chicks in the pix.
There is also one EE (chipmunk) in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom