The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally have a baby chick!! Started with 12 eggs. 7 did not develop at all. 4 made it to lockdown. 1 hatched. So I have one little Easter chick. She is really cute though.

Ok, I need alittle help here ! My hatch has been going great, started on Friday morning 5 am with a ton of pips ! Got home Friday afternoon to a BUNCH of chickies dancing in the 'bator. Saturday morning I had to start taking chicks out because they were piling up.

I'm noticing that some of the chicks are having leg issues and I'm not sure what to do for them, if I can do anything at all.

I have one with curled toes, I made her little boots.

I also have 3 that can't seem to get their legs up under themselves and are sitting back on their hocks. Don't know what the problem is or how to help

Otherwise I've had a very successful hatch. I set 80.....................................55 made it to lockdown ( early quitters and infertile eggs )............................so far 46 have hatched !! Lost one that zipped and died in shell :-( waiting on the other 8

Ok, I need alittle help here !   My hatch has been going great, started on Friday morning 5 am with a ton of pips ! Got home Friday afternoon to a BUNCH of chickies dancing in the 'bator.  Saturday morning I had to start taking chicks out because they were piling up.

I'm noticing that some of the chicks are having leg issues and I'm not sure what to do for them, if I can do anything at all.

I have one with curled toes, I made her little boots.

I also have 3 that can't seem to get their legs up under themselves and are sitting back on their hocks. Don't know what the problem is or how to help

Otherwise I've had a very successful hatch.  I set 80.....................................55 made it to lockdown  ( early quitters and infertile eggs )............................so far 46 have hatched !!  Lost one that zipped and died in shell :-(     waiting on the other 8

I don't know much but i would look at how to make them hobbles.

One of my chicks just hatched with no assistance and now she has this red bulge on her vent it looks like. She's quietly resting on her nest egg mates right now. Should I just leave her alone?

Finally have a baby chick!! Started with 12 eggs. 7 did not develop at all. 4 made it to lockdown. 1 hatched. So I have one little Easter chick. She is really cute though.
Don't give up on the remaining 3. They could still hatch!! Mine did!!
jumpy.gif

THey will be here!!  98 vs 99.5-100 is a big developmental difference. Give them extra time-- can you up the temps to 100??

Did I mention it was still air. I've for my hatcher at 99-100 and they are in there. All 9 are alive and moving just not taking up much shell. I posted a pic of one from last night. I'm trying to get the video to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom