The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just skipped about 278 posts... Digest here I come!

Excited about setting eggs tomorrow. Unfortunately my last box of eggs is arriving at my work tomorrow and I won't be there until Monday.
1f612.png
. Oh well. At least I know they will be sitting still for 24 hours!

So I'll be setting at least one incubator tomorrow before I head off to a cousin's wedding. But I might hold off reporting what i set until towards the end of the +/- 2 days range - if all the egg hatching action looks done from this weekend's hatch before deadline, I will attempt to set another incubator too. That will give me three going - the pre-HAL week set, then two for the HAL set. Think if I tell the chicks everyone who hatches before noon tomorrow gets treats every day for life, they will hurry up and hatch?
caf.gif

I'm in, but I have to work 9-6 so mine will be set before noon. I'll be hatching Welsummer and Speckled Sussex
Welcome!
I made a score today with getting a hold of some new grow out pens! :) This is the inside of the box. It already has a perch. :) Now I realize it needs some paint yet. My oldest son ( not the one that is hurt) and I replaced the wire the whole way around this afternoon. This one was a rabbit hutch but I am going to use it for chicks or ducklings. And the inside.. Maybe not a big deal for some, but I am quite pleased with today! :)
Great Find! Welcome!
She hatched 6
Love the mommas. I wish I could raise all mine that way.
I made a score today with getting a hold of some new grow out pens! :) This is the inside of the box. It already has a perch. :) Now I realize it needs some paint yet. My oldest son ( not the one that is hurt) and I replaced the wire the whole way around this afternoon. This one was a rabbit hutch but I am going to use it for chicks or ducklings. And the inside.. Maybe not a big deal for some, but I am quite pleased with today! :)
nice find!!
Thanks! I was pleased. Even if I did have to replace the wire and they need painted. :)

My Bourbon Red turkey hen laid her very first egg today!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED FOR HER TO HATCH OUT HER OWN CLUTCH OF POULTS! :)

Can you please add me to the list of hatchers, thank you so much!! Not sure yet how many eggs will go in until my girls lay tomorrow. Do we just reply to our original post to let you know how many eggs we set??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom