The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a huge SS egg that is a double yoke and both chicks are growing, due to hatch on the 11. It's worth a try, all it can do is not work. I just find it interesting if I end up with twins. I tried one last year and it didn't end up living past 2 weeks but only one of the chicks developed any.
I just candled again as they are still both alive and moving around like crazy and today is day 15, my fingers are crossed.

Also have 6 pips on my first batch this year, 4 of which are my BLRW that I've been waiting very impatiently for. Candled some from the HAL and nearly all have veining and eyes, a few look non-fertile but not many. Looks like close to 70 are going along good, now what am I going to do with that many chicks is the big question.

Last edited:
Here are the eggs that I set tonight. The late eggs as I call them. Love the colors. Photos never do justice with egg color.

Beautiful assortment!
love.gif

One of my first hatch. The wife calls it dohti.(not sure why she wants it spelled that way)
It's a wife thang!

Quote:
lau.gif
Isn't that the truth? My husband can start snoring in 2 minutes flat. How do they do it? It's like watching a freaky believe it or not show to watch him fall asleep. I take at least 30 min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken pickin

OH my!!! That is just awful. Im so sorry
hugs.gif
[COLOR=800080]Oh...BAD DOG!!!!
rant.gif
I'm sooo sorry!
hugs.gif
[/COLOR]
OH no!!! I am so so sorry awe fox, this is bad news
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
the pup was just doing what was natural to it. I am so sorry
Oh my, I'm sorry this happened.
Oh no! I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif

Those are called lash eggs, and they usually are an indicator of internal laying.

What color are the eggs? Green eggs are hard to see into, as are dark eggs.
hit.gif
[COLOR=800080]That hurts my heart..... its worse when your own dog does it. I am sooooooo sorry.[/COLOR]
hugs.gif
yes i mean completely detached - rolling from end to end
Oz I had a goose egg with s fully detached air cell make it to day 6 before it quit
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxvalleyfarm

sad.png
:'( my dog killed all the chicks and the older duck.... :'( I'm so sad right now and my dh is really upset since u left in charge. The only survivor is the baby that just hatched.
Is there a way to see the list of all the participants screen names and how many eggs were set? I see it on the first post of this thread but it won't scroll down or open so I can see if my egg number had been recorded.

Mine works. Perhaps you have to scroll to the bottom of your screen and click desktop instead of mobile?

It's Saturday and two of the three boys are grounded (for grades, or lack thereof)! YAY! That means they get up early and help me with cleaning out coops and turning flowerbeds.
woot.gif

I have EEs and Silver Campines popping out like popcorn in the hatcher. It is a great day!!

It's Saturday and two of the three boys are grounded (for grades, or lack thereof)! YAY! That means they get up early and help me with cleaning out coops and turning flowerbeds.
woot.gif

I have EEs and Silver Campines popping out like popcorn in the hatcher. It is a great day!!

Congrats on the Saturday morning helper!. But hoping they get their grades up, for you and themselves.

Just wanted to give everyone an update looks like I will be in Colorado for a while. My Foster Dad is very ill he had a blood order that they were treating that has sense turned into leukemia it was affecting his lungs and his blood marrow but they had gotten it under control but unfortuantly the treatment did not keep it out of his brain and he now has a lesion on his brain. We found all this out because he fell on tuesday he was not found right away when he fell right away and as a result aspirated and has pneumonia now. We are now waiting for the pneumonia to clear up so that he can be taken off the respirator after he is taken off the respirator we will then decide whether or not to start radiation on the lesion. This is a very stressful time I am not sure what the future holds all I can do is sit and wait and pray. On a different note the 100 eggs I locked down before I left on wed. are ow hatching my daughter is taking excellent care of them and so far there are 37 healthy chicks there were three chicks that were weak when I left from the previous hatch and unfortuantly they did pass away but I know that we can not save them all. TY for all you kind words, thoughts and prayers and I will keep you posted.
Thanks for updating us. THoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

We lost a bird recently and have been keeping all poultry locked in runs, only free ranging when we're outside with them. Well....they were out ALL day yesterday by accident, I fully expected to lose birds as I couldn't be home. But lucky us, my Bella was on the job, we lost no birds and I caught a shot of her chasing off what I think is a red tailed hawk.

Good dog.
Is there a way to see the list of all the participants screen names and how many eggs were set? I see it on the first post of this thread but it won't scroll down or open so I can see if my egg number had been recorded.
You are recorded at 22. If you are using the mobile you may have to change to desktop mode to have it scroll.

I just checked the list and it scrolled for me. I have to say though - better get your eggs logged in - my guess for eggs set is going to be way over!
lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom