The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding I know hortsman has them but he isnt NPIP
hit.gif
Why does that matter?

Is there a shipping restriction for Pennsylvania?

I don't think my boyfriend quite realized what he got himself into when he bought me my first incubator for Christmas!!!!!

I bought a second incubator yesterday at TSC as an impulse buy. But, it's completely justified (or at least that's what I'm telling myself
lol.png
) because I only have 3 hens, so I keep adding eggs to my incubator each day as they're laid, so all of my lockdowns are going to need to be staggered... all eggs will incubate in a circulated air + egg turner styrofoam incubator for the first 18 days, and then will be moved to the still air "lockdown" styrofoam incubator for hatching. I hope it'll work.

Hey Y'all I have not been posting on here just stalking for the last few days. I have been working on plans for a " cabinet style" incubator/Hatcher for any who are feeling a little crafty and wanting an additional place to put all those eggs. It will hold two eggs turners (for a total of 82 standard chicken eggs)d as putting an egg turner to turn two trays at once can be a little difficult for even the handiest of persons. I will include in it, a list of materials, sizes, and a basic set of instructions. These plans include working with electricity to wire it up. If you do not feel comfortable working with such I hope you know someone who is. Anyone interested?

I would be interested, if my DH would let me, but he thinks we're hatching enough as it is. =(
He's right, but don't tell him I said so; I'd never live that down!!! ;)

My DH..is such a DH. He almost understands now. He doesn't much mind what I decide to do. I will hear from him once in a while though something like this... What? You are selling Reba? But she is one of the best layers out there! What? Did I even know that he was paying attention? Ha, he's said that more than once now. I like to sell the older hens, to be able to keep a younger one that I hatched. I don't live on a farm..Back Yard Chickens here. Anyway, my husband will even ask me when he sees me with eggs coming from the "egg room"..aww..quitters?
tongue.png

Aw! My DH is like I'm glad you like chickens, but you'll have to give me a pass when IDK what Wyadotte this and Wyandotte that are.

This is what happened with ONE of the many ice snow storms this year so far.... so we had put the net back up but it keeps getting foot size square holes in the top, I keep trying to zip tie the netting but it needs replaced, but until we have some of this stuff thaw out I cant do much of anything. So the birds are somehow getting out, dont know if they hop on the sign the kids made and then hop out or what, but as soon as they are out, our springers are on them :( I lost 3 CCL already and RIR's

I am not letting them out again until I can get at it to replace it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom