The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be taking part with coturnix eggs
smile.png
Welcome!

I have had some pip too far down and lost them, thats why I wont use cartons for hatching ;)

Yaay! I am soo glad you posted this. I tried the carton too, had the same problem. Didn't want to say anything because of those that like it..now I've done it!
hide.gif

I just got three different packages of eggs for the hatch a long... should be at least two more arriving tomorrow or the next day. Not telling numbers since the guessing is still open(?) but I am pretty excited.

My eggs for the hatch a-long just arrived in the mail!!! I ordered 12 FBCM, 12 Langshan, and 12 Cream Legbar eggs from Chickengirl1304. She sent me extras which was so nice! All eggs look fine and I will candle tonight to check on the air cells. WHOO HOO!!!! I'm so excited about them!
wee.gif

Happy for you! Mine are coming!
jumpy.gif

I wish it were like that for me! Lucky dog
smile.png

I got up to a pot of coffee before I saw a soul when I was in graduate school. I would be seriously headache ridden if I didn't have it in the morning. I mostly weaned off it anymore, but if I don't have at least the caffeine boost of a cup of coffee or a few cups tea first, I'm just not going to think straight. Guess it affects us all differently!

As I'm reading the posts, I think you are right..affects people different.

And who said they like theirs black..I liked mine with the cream..and sugar. Of course, nice and fattening. :/

Ok..we are getting dumped on ..rain that is..what's it doing in your neck of the woods?
rain-on-a-sunny-day.jpg

Last edited:
Sally!

Check the research--All eggs have a higher hatch rate when hatched upright. The Pros do it this way for a reason, more chicks hatch.

McMurray Hatchery, Myeres and etc will incubate on the side and them move them to hatch with the big end up.

We often work with stuff we find on the Internet instead of reading the results of Poultry Studies. There is a lot of mis information on the internet.
Meyers video shows/says they do it the opposite. Big end up during setting, lay flat for hatch. https://www.meyerhatchery.com about the three minute mark they say they go from setting upright to laying flat in the hatching baskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom