The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
one chick has hatched. 3 more have pipped. The hatched one seems to be having a conversation with one still in the shell. Probably a pep talk...come on out it is warm you will be okay....

My final hatch count is six chicks. That is 50 %.

Last edited:

The chick just hatched lost this and has just a bit of blood. Is that normal? Sorry I'm a total newby.
Yes that is totally normal!

I'm one of those that takes the chick out when it hatches. If another hatches not long after, out it comes. I don't see a problem with the humidity going down a bit. It will come back up.

Yes I have that problem too.

:( gutted. Somebody knocked over my incubator (which was on a backwards facing chair out of the way and kids only allowed in supervised) all four of the eggs in lockdown smashed. Only one had been viable but was dead, it's yolk was still up absorbed and one of it's blood vessels had ruptured in the fall.
I was really hoping that one little salmon favorelle would make it.
Luckily I have some three week old chickies here to console myself and a friend has four one day olds I can get Monday. But it's not the same as hatching your own.
Bator went in the bin as the yolk from two of the undeveloped maybe eggs had gone into the motor and it was making noises.
Expensive painful learning process.
1f61e.png
1f423.png
rip sweeties.

We need a thumbs down button.
Bummer

My last chick just hatched! Yay!! I set 23 eggs, 20 made it to lockdown and all of those 20 hatched! We are so thrilled with our new little ones, especially our 4 new silkies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom