The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has the world come to!
X2
th.gif

I did not get a picture of the Easter hatch chicks but I did get one of the hatch that finished last night. They are white bresse--

And I have a 18 week old rooster who hasn't yet started crowing!
th.gif

My last hatch (which ended with 7/12 roos) my first roo literally started crowing between 7 & 8 weeks. It didn't take long before the rest were either. It seemed like every week a new one was starting to crow. I think the other's are motivted by the early ones. lol

I have a Nor. Jaerhon cockerel that hatched in Feb and started crowing in the mornings about 3 weeks ago. I couldn't believe it. And they're all still in the living room! Hoping to get a better brooder in the barn built tomorrow! Tho' he's pretty cute about it.

I too have had early crowers this year. About 7 weeks they started. But only today I have heard some very suspicious noises coming from my brooding shed from the weeks olds. I'm not sure if this an attempt at crowing or pecking order scuffles. As I've been watching them they are squaring up to each other thinking they are all 10 men!! Oh and having a fight over the little cut I have on the back of my hand. They are determined to get the scab off. Watching this behaivour has made me realise just how one small spot of blood can escalate into a full blown pecking fest. Here they are the little devils!!

I too have had early crowers this year. About 7 weeks they started. But only today I have heard some very suspicious noises coming from my brooding shed from the weeks olds. I'm not sure if this an attempt at crowing or pecking order scuffles. As I've been watching them they are squaring up to each other thinking they are all 10 men!! Oh and having a fight over the little cut I have on the back of my hand. They are determined to get the scab off. Watching this behaivour has made me realise just how one small spot of blood can escalate into a full blown pecking fest. Here they are the little devils!!

They are sooo awesome...and I soooo need your brooder...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom