The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
un popped popcorn absorbs more water than rice from the air.

Or the feminine pads.
what about those little dehumidifier capsules you get in the packaging of various food stuffs & things? There is also those little "SoilMoist Crystals" that absorb a lot of water. (I think it's the base for Gro Gel).

What have you got in there?  Chicken eggs do best with it a lot lower.   65 is for lock down for chicks.   If ducks..I may be wrong, but that still may be a bit high?     Chicks..everyone is different..I do the real low..30 to 35% during incubation.  60 to 62% for lock down. 

Yes, currently the incubator is in lock down mode (65% humidity) for the three chicken eggs left from my test hatch. I want to give them a couple more days, but I also want to set more for the HAL. So my question is whether the newly set eggs will be okay with 65% for just a couple days.

Putting in some eggs today once my 'bator gets up and running again! Some Mallard Duck Eggs (28 Days, April 28th) I know, they'll be late and some Rhode Island Red/Barred Rock, and some Australorp/Barred Rock chickens (21 Days, April 5th!!!) They should be cute! :)
I am setting 8 eggs. 3 Duck, and the rest chicken! :)

Edited to add how many eggs...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom