The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 are out!

I HAVE A PIP!!! Only one, but 1>zero! :)

Finally! Now hoping for more. The pip is on one of the question marked eggs too.

Can you typically hear cheeps after a pip, or am I crazy?!
Yes, and if you listen closely, you can even hear them peep after they internally pip, before they pip externally.

I've got 19 eggs left and I'm getting impatient. I have to keep reminding myself that it's just Day 21. I've had a few long-term pips that I checked and started to assist. I ended up just swabbing with bacitracin and putting it back in. I'll candle later to see how they're doing. I found one of the question mark eggs totally cold, but looks like it had quit before then. BUT maybe the temp did drop in the bator, and that's why my hatching slowed down... Going to check right now.

I had a pretty poor hatch. Only 1 of my shipped eggs hatched, but I filled in with my own BCM, so I do have a few fluffy butts. Here are pictures of the 4 BCM and the Lav. orp.

I've got 19 eggs left and I'm getting impatient. I have to keep reminding myself that it's just Day 21. I've had a few long-term pips that I checked and started to assist. I ended up just swabbing with bacitracin and putting it back in. I'll candle later to see how they're doing. I found one of the question mark eggs totally cold, but looks like it had quit before then. BUT maybe the temp did drop in the bator, and that's why my hatching slowed down... Going to check right now.

Yep. Temp was down to 96. I think my son was meddling. :( So now I'm :fl that the babies just stalled, and aren't quitting completely.

Last edited:
An hour ago nothing at all from any of my 13 eggs that made it to lockdown. I just went and checked again and all of the sudden I have 7 pips. Day 22. Finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom