The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Does anyone have any remedies for low sperm count in a cockerel? I know he CAN do the job because I have 1 egg in the bator developing and 2 more that were cracked
barnie.gif
to check were fertile (from 2 different hens), but the other 36 that have been incubated (before and after the fertile ones) have not been fertile.
he.gif
hit.gif
He is a project cockerel and I don't have another with the same parentage, though I have another full trio from different parents that are producing nice chicks. So all is not lost, but I was hoping to have more diversity in this project.

BTW, he already goes commando, so boxer shorts, cool packs and loose-fitting pants are not the answer.
lol.png

I also heard somewhere that fertility is lower in the winter?

I have pips in the bator! I should wake up to some babies tomorrow
smile.png

Awesome! Make sure to post some pics! It's not another three weeks until mine hatch and I am SOOO impatient.
smile.png

Here are chicks I just took out of the incubator. There are 14 here and I have pips in the bator, but it was very crowded in there, so I got these guys out. They are isabel leghorns and isbar. There is one brown leghorn in there too.

barnie.gif
DH was just at TSC today. I guess I have to make another trip tomorrow.

(No more multi-quote for me. The sign is mine!
bun.gif
)

There are several items called "Rooster Booster" (including a multi wormer, a vitamin supplement, etc.) - it's kind of like a brand name. You'll want to get the right one.

... And I don't know what the right one is (except that it's likely not the wormer). @draye ?

- Ant Farm

Back
Top Bottom