The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

frow.gif
Good eve dear!
hugs.gif
That is such a pretty image too!

I am sorry guys I don't think I can join again this year. Last year I got so caught up in the broodiness that the next thing I new...
I was PREGNANT!!
It was such a shock and a surprise I actually told everyone on here about it before I even told my husband. I had a great time chatting with everyone and seeing all the baby chick pictures and talking about my pregnancy but...
the pregnancy ended at 6 months when my son Dominic was stillborn, and now everytime I think about the Easter Hatch a Long I remember posting about my pregnancy and...I just don't think I can do it this year...I want to...I planned to...but I am sitting here on the couch crying my eyes out.

I will post closer to the setting day if I decided to join after all.
Jekka,
hugs.gif
There is only one moment we can do anything about, and that is the current one. Take it one moment at a time, turn your heart toward joy and know that we are here lifting you up.

If you have one of the gallon sized waterers, take soda or water bottle and fill it with salty water. Seal and put it inside the waterer with the fresh water. It has been working for me during this snow this last week in TN. I get some small floating pieces of ice but not a freeze up. I have mine hanging off the floor so that might make a difference if the waterer is on the floor. A couple of layers of cardboard should insulate the cold coming up from the ground.

I am new to the Easter Hatch as well so we can be first timers together

I am new to the Easter HAL and hatching in general. I have my first eggs in the bator now. First candle was amazing! Saw veins and blobs moving! Going to candle my second set of eggs I staggered tonight. Getting more eggs shipped in today and tmr so that will be the third shelf. So I have all types of eggs in there. (Mine, local breeder, and shipped)
Go all in or not at all I say!!!

I brood in this coop, it's very small and holds heat well. I use Ecoglow's for my heat source with a 75 watt white bulb for light. (no windows in coop) There were day old chicks in here when this was taken:

Wow, that's awesome! I gotta build something like that to brood chicks in.

I am new to the Easter HAL and hatching in general. I have my first eggs in the bator now. First candle was amazing! Saw veins and blobs moving! Going to candle my second set of eggs I staggered tonight. Getting more eggs shipped in today and tmr so that will be the third shelf. So I have all types of eggs in there. (Mine, local breeder, and shipped)
Go all in or not at all I say!!!
Another one bites the dust!
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif

OK Toe/tongue/nose typing successful, have some silkie eggs coming. Hopefully will be able to get some paint silkie eggs to go with them.
Now don't you feel better that it is done and you can just enjoy without the stress of trying to resist?
thumbsup.gif
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom