Awesome Easter H-A-L here we come!!!
pop.gif

Welcome to the Easter Hatch Along!
highfive.gif

Please add Patricia petsch to hatch along west palm beach florida

D.gif
(added under your user id)

It just wouldn't be a proper Easter without a HAL. I'm in. Now I have an excuse to buy more hatching eggs :)

bun.gif

Sorry that the pictures are not very good. It is quite cloudy here today and he wouldn't sit still
barnie.gif
so most of the pictures were blurry. That is not color breakthrough in his hackles, it is feather shafts shedding.
Here he is next to his girl

Nice! If you are starting out with at least one with a black mouth, you are doing good. It will take a lot of breeding and a lot of judicious culling to make a good breeding flock. Most of mine still have pink/gray and gray/black mouths. My first cock had a very mulberry comb, but he produced some nice chicks and I am continuing to improve as I keep breeding. I started with 2 trios - 1 was the mulberry-combed cock from GFF over ECF hens, and the other trio was all GFF and produced the woolly chicks.

Ahh.... NO!
smack.gif
One of those signs is for me!
big_smile.png

Oh man ! Did yall see her smack me?! Go away ! My sign !
somad.gif
rant.gif

So this is my brooder setup now. Firstly, its outside in my unheated greenhouse, so I am very concerned about the water freezing. I'm hoping that the heat plates and chicks are going to keep at least some of the water unfrozen.

My other concern is whether the chicks will be able to drink from the waterer at all. There's not a lot of space between the top of its lip, and the bottom of the plates lip. Anyone with experience here that can offer me some suggestions?

They will just pop out and drink from where they can stand.

Back
Top Bottom