The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I am in! This will be my first HAL. I am new to chickens as of last year, and the math has already grabbed ahold of me!

Hubby decided to just go big for Christmas, for my first incubator, he got me the GQF Sportsman 1502 (feeding my insanity). It arrived on the 13th of January. I set 18 mixed backyard chicken eggs and 2 runner duck eggs on the 16th. For the next stagger I set 19 Serama on the 20th. I just bid on 8++ silkie/showgirl eggs on Ebay. I have 12 live chicks arriving on the 28th. In addition to the 4 hatched two weeks ago by a friend, and the 16 babies shipped to me in the month of December. After all this he asked me where I am going to put all these babies.. Ha Ha Good thing he just built me a new 2nd coop that is 16 X 12! We will be very busy building additional pens for the small breeds so they don't have to fight with the BIG ones. Feeling grateful we have 5 acres and good neighbors that are not too close!

Guess I better figure out what I want to put in for this??? I might need some local eggs to assure a better hatch rate.
    Anyone in the North Idaho/Washington/Montana that have purebred eggs I can get by then?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. RachaelR32

RachaelR32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2015
    I'd love to hatch some chicks for Easter. I'll need one of my girls to go broody though and I don't think thats likely. I only have 3 girls -pullets. 1 laid me a few eggs end of last year, went broody in December and hatched me some chicks yesterday. It'll probably be too soon for her to be broody again. The other 2 are total freeloaders who have never laid anything and think their sister does somr crazy stuff with the whole egg laying chick hatching thing. So I'll be hoping on one of them, so not much hope there :-(

3. mommaford09

mommaford09 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2014
    I'm in!

4. mommaford09

mommaford09 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2014
    You have an awesome husband! Keep him around. LOL That is what happen to me last year. I hatch everything I could get my hands on. Happy hatching!

5. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas

It's going great.

Did a small hatch this month.

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    YAY!!! Hi'ya draye! [​IMG]

fd!!! where you been hiding!!! Dont try to be in,.... be there!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Not might!! say you will!!! I pray roo recovers!!

someone does have a great hubs and has an addiction like most of us!!! grateful is right! 5 acres is plenty to keep them neighbors at bay!! Welcome to the HAL!

we will pray for broodies!!! or you could always make a cooler bator ya know! cheap and fun to do! much easier than you think too! there are links in my siggy!

AWESOME!! welcome!! what do you wanna hatch?

7. lacymorgan

lacymorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2015
    Kingman AZ
    He he he I got my new bator yesterday so NOW I am ready to do this thing. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    [​IMG]

9. dolfi

dolfi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    kissimmee, florida
    Those are just stunning

1 person likes this.
  10. lacymorgan

lacymorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2015
    Kingman AZ
    [​IMG] I am very Eggcited to get this I have 7 dz in it now [​IMG] will help fill the orders I have for chicks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by