The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. AllAboutMyGirls

AllAboutMyGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2015
    MD & VA
    I have three Hova bators. I use two to incubate and one to hatch.

2. mallory2013

mallory2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Eastern CT
    Day 8 update on my pre-HAL hatch.... So far 5 out of my 6 show very good development. I did an eggtopsy on the sixth and it wasnt fertile. One of the remaining 5 has a floating darkness in it, it doesn't look like an embryo. But Im not ready to toss that one. Hopefully it's just the embryo at a weird angle. I've got my fingers crossed!! [​IMG]

3. LocalYokel

LocalYokel Overrun With Chickens

Yours are cute.

I want some Scovie jerky :drool

4. dolfi

dolfi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    kissimmee, florida
    Yes of course. I just put them there for the pictures. Local why you say they need 24 hours?

5. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    Black Australorp chicks
    I didn't set out to have a staggered hatch but between egg production and a broody that didn't sit long I have eggs that are about 2-4 days apart.
    As for how. Very carefully. I hand turned after week 1 and tried to handle as little as possible.

6. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    Idaho
    For sure. I built a small isolation hutch using nothing but scraps from my backyard and the empty lot next door. I've been known to pick up stuff from the side of the road that looked promising.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. LocalYokel

LocalYokel Overrun With Chickens

I wasn't sure from the pic if they had leg issues

8. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    I hope it all works out for you. We bought almost 5years back and while we love our house we now wish we looked for a property with more land so we could hunt on it. DH didn't get into hunting until after we bought so it wasn't on our check list then. A small pond would have been nice too. We have so many wants, not enough money lol.

9. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Not chicken related, but we are relatively new fish owners, small tank in the livingroom. One of our female platy live bearers has been looking pregnant for a few weeks. Well I just took a look at her and SHES HAVING BABIES!!!! So tiny and so adorable! Me and DD are watching her now and we are so excited. I know they are just fish, But I cant help but smile and be excited.

10. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    It's ok. Babies are cute. Regardless of species. [​IMG] you should share on the forum for 'other animals' [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by