The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Thinking of setting some Peafowl, Pheasant or quail eggs for the Easter hatch along does anyone have any advice on them? I have never had Peafowl or Pheasants but have had quail. are Pheasants and Peafowl much different from turkeys?

Most peafowl don't start laying until April. Not sure about pheasants.

-Kathy

Sign me up!  I just haven't told the hubby yet, lol...

I haven't told the hubby either! What he doesn't know won't hurt him, right? The current batch in the bator will just take a really long time to hatch
1f600.png
. He never remembers the details. I may just get away with this!

Good morning HAL.

I sent the husband and the kids to a motorcycle race today... a whole few hours completely alone :weee

I have a list of projects I would like to get done. I am out in the coops taking some more pictures of my birds... cuz, ya know... we never have too many of those. I am also putting flight netting up on a new coop. I am drawing out plans to build myself a dedicated three tray hatcher. Then I am making a batch of soap and going to actually read a book!
What does everyone else have planned for today or their weekend?

Last edited:
Please add me on the list for the EHAL, thank you
1f60a.png
Welcome to the 2016 Easter Hatch A LONG!
jumpy.gif

Sorry, I am late to the party. I will be hatching this year.
jumpy.gif

I'd like to join. Hopefully I can use my own eggs
jumpy.gif

Sign me up! I just haven't told the hubby yet, lol...

jumpy.gif

I'll be in as well 1 way or another! Not sure what type of eggs I'll set yet!
jumpy.gif

Sounds like fun I'm in

jumpy.gif

I'm in! Looking forward to Easter peeps! :
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I would like to join the hatch.
jumpy.gif

The Hatching participant list is current to post 1805.

Last edited:
Good morning HAL.

I sent the husband and the kids to a motorcycle race today... a whole few hours completely alone
wee.gif

I have a list of projects I would like to get done. I am out in the coops taking some more pictures of my birds... cuz, ya know... we never have too many of those. I am also putting flight netting up on a new coop. I am drawing out plans to build myself a dedicated three tray hatcher. Then I am making a batch of soap and going to actually read a book!
What does everyone else have planned for today or their weekend?
You are so much more motivated than me LOL I am set a small batch of eggs to incubate after my last set failed BAD. I will however be doing my weekend photo shoot with my lovely birds because as you said we can never have too many pictures of them. Other than that I am just gonna be lazy LOL
caf.gif

Now the incubating fever is getting to me too. Will try and just wait till March to start hatching outside temp variations may reduce my hatch rate but I already have two people waiting for me to hatch so they can get chicks. My fingers are itching

Back
Top Bottom