The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I am trying to keep up though. I have my Olive Eggers and a Sapphire. I got some Bantam Wyandottes. Then I couldn't resist an auction of a variety of 3 rare breeds in 17+ eggs at a price I could pay.
hide.gif

Did you get that auction? What breeds are they?
I have a question! So it's day 14 almost 15 on twizzlers eggs, she keeps talking to them, but I was wondering if they can peep this early on to communicate with her?
All mommas talk to their babies, whether they can hear us or not..
love.gif

:love Nate, babies being tiny and not really developed enough to hear has never stopped mommas from talking to their future baby. Human or chicken.

That's what I bought, just so random, evn though she lives in my room, she will just gracefully and peacefully sounding talk sweetly to the eggs. I thought they didn't respond until hatch time, but she and I can't wait... I still am wond ring how they developed in the first place, becuase she has a hard time with 2 medium eggs... She has them under her wings half way and under her body half way, it's cute but at the same time concerned.

That's what I bought, just so random, evn though she lives in my room, she will just gracefully and peacefully sounding talk sweetly to the eggs. I thought they didn't respond until hatch time, but she and I can't wait... I still am wond ring how they developed in the first place, becuase she has a hard time with 2 medium eggs... She has them under her wings half way and under her body half way, it's cute but at the same time concerned.
I started following you on Instagram. I am @fowlcreationsfarm. Love twizzler she is cute...

I will be setting some Orpington eggs this time. Please count me in.
4300+ posts already! Its scary. I also have a test hatch going to make sure all my hens were completely cleaned up before setting their pens. The hatch is due Feb 21, Will have to see whether I get pure Orps or Orp x Legbar hybrids.

@Happy Chooks , @ronott1 and everyone else, I just looked at the list again and the ivermectin mentioned is a combo of ivermectin and lincomycin, it's a feed additive for swine, so fear not, pretty sure you'll still be able to get ivermectin. Also, if I read the article correctly, it looks like the only drugs affected are the water solubles and the ones meant for feed, so maybe one will still be able to buy injectables?

-Kathy
yesss.gif

Quote: X 2
Beautiful!!
thumbsup.gif

Happy Valentines everyone!!! Hope everyone is having a peeptastic day!!

I know I am because... Oh Look! A feed store!... Oh Look! They have chicks!!... Oh Look!! I have chicks!!!
I know... I am so terrible... I don't know how DH puts up with me. I guess I will just have to him some chicks next time. Hehehe.

clap.gif

I've gone and done it. I may be in trouble.
hide.gif
I have been watching some Ebay auctions to get an idea of how much I needed to be able to win one. In particular some Niederheiners. I watched one for 10+ eggs go in two minutes from $54 to $102.
ep.gif
Ah, what hope had I? The next one had 17+ eggs with 6 at least Niederheiners plus Isbars and Marans. It also shot up wildly at the last minutes. The next one was by the same farm had another 17+ eggs only with 7 Twenste garanteed, the others were Orust and Niederheiners. It stayed at $49 right up to the last 2 minutes. I twitched. I might never get this chance again on my tight budget. I pounced. They returned and i raised once more at 3 seconds annnd GOT IT! If it was one of yall I was bidding against well I would like to say sorry,,,,, sort of.....maybe.....
hide.gif

But I may have to start them early because they will deliver on the 22nd. I am beyond thrilled.
celebrate.gif

woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom