The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I would set more if I could get some breeds I want. Most of the chicks I hatch, aside from those I'm growing out before selling, are spoken for. My friend has been sick, so I haven't gotten the chance to ask her boyfriend to collect eggs for me or even tell me what he has. I don't think I'll be getting any eggs from him, but that's not gonna kill me.

I might have to sneak a few Andalusian/Chantecler I'll be setting into the brooder. I want to know how those turn out.

I love Andalusian chickens.

Quote: I MUST be a chicken!!! I love flashy, sparkling things.
gig.gif

Quote:
gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Don't worry once I get these orust chicken eggs. I'll be hatching them and putting up pics for days!!!

They're beautiful!!!

I know...I was surprised too!!

I love this video..thank you for sharing. Wonder how many people they have to go out and collect eggs later.
th.gif
They'd need huge barrels!!
ep.gif

Well if all goes to plan. I'll be hatching Orust chicken eggs along with some barnyard mix for the hatch along. Bid for the Orust eggs are at 110 I'm high bidder. Twenty hours left so will check on them tomorrow. But I will get them. Unless the bid just goes crazy.

Last edited:
what kind of incubator does every one use? I have a Brinsea Octogon eco.

My mainstays are 2 Brinsea Octogon 20 Advanced and a backup eco 20 for when I get over zealous. I'm scared of what might happen with a cabinet incubator. @KYTinpusher I would get myself in big trouble with a cooler like you are working on. I have little to no self control about peeps.

@StarMeKritten What a beautiful little incubator! So it holds 5 dozen, that's 60 eggs. If 90% hatch that would be 54 chicks every 21 days. If you only hatched once a month, you could have 648 chicks/year!!!!
jumpy.gif
and that's why I can't have a cabinet. It looks very, very tempting though.

Back
Top Bottom