The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

What's a termtra tint? Pictures?

I think they come from leghorns? It's just a small little chicken. Egg laying machine though! This is the only pic I have.

I had thought about guineas for the bug control issue, but after hearing how loud they are I realized that my family would kick me and them out.  LOL

I thought guineas were out of the question for us also. 4 neighboring guineas kept harassing our chickens and stealing their food. Then, DH tasted some guinea jerky and was hooked. We now have 6 keats in the brooder alongside our chicks. (They are getting along great.)

Hey guys. I know this is WAY off forum but does anyone have any medical knowledge? If yes please pm me. My mom if freaking out and I'm not far behind her. Thanks

Now. Back on topic. The disaster area is cleaned up, a fresh layer of hay has been put down and mixed around to try to minimize the smokey after smell and pallets and wood started flooding into my yard from people we never expected. And some we did. No building done yet but a solid start on the supplies to rebuild.

Pray I'm feeling better tomorrow and we can try to start building.
1f60a.png

guys what should I sell chickies for I paid 3 dollars and egg an I have twenty four in the bator so if I get big enough of a hatch what should I sell them fo they are purebred soooooo:idunno

guys what should I sell chickies for I paid 3 dollars and egg an I have twenty four in the bator so if I get big enough of a hatch what should I sell them fo they are purebred soooooo:idunno
see what others in your area are selling them for on Craigslist

Update on the eggs that dropped to 10%: lost all but 1 NN. Sadl none of the milke Fleur d'uccle made it, I'll have to try to add that breed some other time. For added fun the poor chicks that made it past shrink-wrap got frozen-hatching bator broke when I added extra water. Must've accidentally sprayed into the thermostat.

Meet lucky-

Last edited:
[COLOR=008080]I have been WAY busy the last two weeks working on a project to bring more Isbars into this country. :D  Did I ever tell you I LOVE my Isbars? :love :lol: :love So, I am way, way, way behind here :th  and will never catch it all up, but I wanted to comment on this.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=008080]I am not a big fan of hatcheries, but I was very pleasantly surprised by[/COLOR] [COLOR=008080]@MyPetChicken
[/COLOR][COLOR=008080] 's willingness not only to listen to my constructive criticism, but to learn from it and take immediate action on it. :thumbsup  They deserve kuddos for that :highfive:  and if others are willing to offer constructive criticism, maybe MPC can turn the tide of hatchery reputations. ;)  [/COLOR]

Are you part of a gofundme that i saw on another sight to bring them here? The owner of that acct is Walli Johnson.

Went to get minerals for my goats at Big R. Walked past the "chick" area and these 5 lil cuties just jumped into my cart! Ha! ;)

I almost had 3 White crested black polish do that the other day!! It was so hard to resist, but I am already overrun and have 107 in the bator now.

Depends on the breed and what people in your area are willing to spend. Do some investgating on craigslist and local classifieds.

Last edited:
wanted to share this . Had 4 eggs go in to lock down Tue evening. Figured I would save myself some clean up and put a puppy pad in the bottom of my DIY bator, that i'm now using for hatching. Put my drawer liner on top of pad and added my dishes with sponges. Got it all heated up and the 4 eggs in and the humidity started dropping after awhile. My dishes were full, even with the top of the sponges so i didn't want to add more to those to avoid drowning babies. I just started dribbling water in thru a vent in the top on to the drawer liner and in to the puppy pad. OH MY GOSH those are the bomb ! They collect the water and it spreads out and the humidity goes right up where it needs to be. No worries about drowning or opening the bator or anything. The pads that were suggested before were pretty good but they pull the water deep and you only get the moisture off the top. The puppy pads are thin so you get more humidity from the water spreading out. And how much easier can it be than to just dribble some warm water anywhere into the bator if u have a pad on the bottom ? Worked GREAT for me so i had to share.

Back
Top Bottom