The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Mama hen now has 3 babies and 2 pipped eggs under her.

Another chick has hatched and 2 more are zipping. All yellow.
hmm.png
That silkie chick is going to be a breath of fresh air.

ETA: I take it back. One of them just hatched and it's close in color to Panda, just no eye spots.

Last edited:
Eggs are heading to lockdown tonight. Got the brooder all set up in the hen house today with 3 rouen ducklings I couldn't bear to leave at Tractor Supply. Prepping for hatch on Sunday.

Anyone find a good way to separate eggs in their bator? I've got some purebred eggs I'd like to keep separated from the barnyard mixes.
If it helps I have a LG bator. Contemplating finding a smallish box, cutting the bottom out of it and turning it into a chick corral.

Eggs are heading to lockdown tonight.  Got the brooder all set up in the hen house today with 3 rouen ducklings I couldn't bear to leave at Tractor Supply.  Prepping for hatch on Sunday. 

Anyone find a good way to separate eggs in their bator?  I've got some purebred eggs I'd like to keep separated from the barnyard mixes.
If it helps I have a LG bator.  Contemplating finding a smallish box, cutting the bottom out of it and turning it into a chick corral.

Legos. Build a wall! :D

Back
Top Bottom