The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

So excited for Saturday! :jumpy

However all of the eggs quit wiggling. :confused:  They used to wiggle and wobble every few minutes, but now only one has moved in the past hour (Yes, i've been watching eggs for the past hour, I'm a loser :gig )! Should I be concerned? Do they go though a "rest period"? I've hatched before but I don't remember the eggs "resting"... :idunno

The wiggling was them getting into position... now they'll be getting ready to pip... so yes, they rest... don't worry... :)

Welcome to the world little one !! First hatch, 4 more pip and 4 more waiting.
What breed?
Nooooo!! Power just went out. I am 2,000 miles away and my husband is driving them to someone's house. Fingers crossed
1f64f-1f3fb.png
Oh no!!!! Good luck! Keep us updated
Sumi posted this on the Quotes and Thoughts thread, and I thought it might be appropriate for some of you:
LL
Love it !!! May have to use it!

Last edited:
First zipper. It's not out yet but working on it. I have been bringing my other chicks over to the incubator to inspire the eggs to hatch.

Random notr- think my salmon faverolles is a boy. Opinions? Have to sell if so. I do not need a rooster of a breed I don't have any hens of and this was the only to hatch from crazy broody chicken.

I have a little delema. I'm incubating and hatching at the same time. One incubator is incubating and turning, and one is hatching (lockdown). My incubator I'm using for my hatching is broken, the heater won't turn off. I guess the sensor is broken because the temp shows at 91 and my extra thermometer says 104 or 106. I can't use it so I put the other incubator top on my chicks that are hatching (there are about 7 in there piping). Now that I am down an incubator I just put all my incubating eggs in there with the hatching eggs otherwise they will cook overnight.

First zipper. It's not out yet but working on it. I have been bringing my other chicks over to the incubator to inspire the eggs to hatch.
Random notr- think my salmon faverolles is a boy. Opinions? Have to sell if so. I do not need a rooster of a breed I don't have any hens of and this was the only to hatch from crazy broody chicken.
That's not a pure Faverolle, not heavy enough feathering on the legs. In fact, can't see any feathering on the legs at all. So the usual rules for sexing Salmon Faverolles are out the window.

I have 13 of my own hatched so far, well, also a silkie I didn't count for the HAL. I have 7 of a friends, 5 JG's. and a paint SG...and a black silkie. I think that's it for now. Noisy in here.

smile.png
Little silkie is zipping. I think it may end up being the only one, though. I candled before lockdown and it wasn't looking good for most of them. I had a 107 spike the other day, but didn't pull any eggs aside from eggs that were confirmed quitters from a few days before. I'm holding out hope, though. If it's the only one I won't be able to do a trade until the next time I hatch silkies and I don't know when that'll be since Azura is broody.

In other news, I can actually tell which yellow chicks are cross breeds!
wee.gif
Looks like they'll all have cushion combs, though. Or something similar. I'll get some pics up tomorrow. I'm off to bed.

Back
Top Bottom