The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Good luck. Hope everyone is ok!:th

Well I have a hell of a husband. While I was boarding a plane to come home and he was there with the eggs and no power he made a decision. He got in the car and drove them to the first house that had lights on. The older man and wife were delighted to help. They said hurry and get em in here. We later paid the favor with a dozen eggs. The clutch is home now but no pips
1f614.png
. Still waiting only day 20

C
Had my first chick hatch..just about 5 mins. ago.  A little blue, maybe splash, silkie.  :)
congrats! All six of mine are out and running around! The last one hatched last night. I am so surprised though, because I have three different breeds of hens all under one speckled Sussex roo. I thought the chicks would all look pretty different, but they only have very subtle differences! Pics to come. I'd love to see your little ones!

Day 20 starts around 11 tonight...but woke up to FOUR eggs like this, this morning and in the time it took me to run to the bathroom, a FIFTH looks the same! Now I REALLY need to get that other brooder set up finished!!!!! HOLY MOLY!! Can hear them cheeping once in awhile too!!!! (So far out of the 5, it's 2 exchequers, 2 of our own flock (EE/barred rock and not sure in the other but will be some barnyard mutt!) and a blue or black maran from a local lady...the exchequers are from her too!)

Oh and excuse the lack of 18 day air cell marks - I candled but didn't mark because I had to hurry, but all of them looked good except maybe a couple!

Last edited:
Well I have a hell of a husband. While I was boarding a plane to come home and he was there with the eggs and no power he made a decision. He got in the car and drove them to the first house that had lights on. The older man and wife were delighted to help. They said hurry and get em in here. We later paid the favor with a dozen eggs. The clutch is home now but no pips
1f614.png
. Still waiting only day 20
That's awesome!! You have a keeper!!!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom