The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I just came downstairs to check on the, there are two chicks so far!
Buff orp x Blue andalusian chick
Bantam cochin x OE/bantam Phoenix, and it has a pea comb!

Then there is a EE who just finished zipping and I think 5 other pips.

Last edited:
Hey Guys! Two of the six eggs I put under my broody silkie hatched! One yesterday and one today.
love.gif

I put them under her on March 1 or 2. How long should I give the other eggs before I toss them?
The Broody will stop sitting on the eggs soon. Candle them when that happens and if they look good put them into an incubator.

So it's looking like Final Count might be. Eight Orust chicks and 7 barnyard mixes. I still have the other two eggs in the bator incase there late bloomers. The last chick is the one that pipped on the wrong end and I had to do my first assisted hatch. I might keep him. For some reason he's just special to me!
what kind are the little chicks with yellow and black? Got one that has nearly the same colors.
Only 1 so far, but it's only day 20 2/3, so there's hope I'll see more pips later.
grabbed it out quickly and spray bottled the bator cause this one was causing trouble.
Look at my heritage Dominique @MyPetChicken

Last edited:
Yeah I may have to do that too!!

I did.... It was too stressful! I did wait until they were mostly dry- I was gonna tough it out and ignore, but when I needed to assist one and clean it off, I figured hey, why not pop the others in the brooder too! :p

Back
Top Bottom