The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

So...I understand internal pip...is external pip actually considered when they break through the outer shell? or is that already zipping? I woke up to 4 open little cracks...then a 5th...& now a 6th!!

So...I understand internal pip...is external pip actually considered when they break through the outer shell? or is that already zipping? I woke up to 4 open little cracks...then a 5th...& now a 6th!!

Zipping is when they start going around the shell, pip is the first little hole.

what kind are the little chicks with yellow and black? Got one that has nearly the same colors.
Only 1 so far, but it's only day 20 2/3, so there's hope I'll see more pips later.
grabbed it out quickly and spray bottled the bator cause this one was causing trouble.
Look at my heritage Dominique @MyPetChicken
The one with black back and yellow body are Orust chickens. There a ultra rare breed. I got ten eggs shipped and eight hatched. The others are barnyard mixes. Mostly barred rock and black Minorca.

:celebrate
:pop
You won't! :lau
How did you store the eggs prior to setting? Did you use a turner? Did you set them fat end up?
I'm hoping too that my others are just a bit behind, no other pips for me either.
Oh those pesky sinuses :rant
My other half suffers and is bunged up a lot of the time. It tends to be night time too when it's worse. Hope you get feeling better soon.

My allergies this time of year are horrendous so I totally understand I wake up almost without fail at 4 am I do not want to get up that early but when you're sneezing every 5 minutes and your nose won't stop running you don't have much choice. And then of course I'm exhausted all day whether or not I'm able to snag another hour or so before I get up for the day. That is after I wait up for over an hour or two for my allergy medicine to start working.

t6311.gif
[COLOR=0000CD] One day until hatching!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]...or maybe I'm the only one still waiting for pips and chicks......[/COLOR]:/

Just got our first pip in the bator last night but we also have broodies due this weekend and on Monday. So I'm still waiting with ya!

Well I have a hell of a husband. While I was boarding a plane to come home and he was there with the eggs and no power he made a decision. He got in the car and drove them to the first house that had lights on. The older man and wife were delighted to help. They said hurry and get em in here. We later paid the favor with a dozen eggs. The clutch is home now but no pips
1f614.png
. Still waiting only day 20

Keep him ;) the good ones are hard to find doubly so the ones who understand the click lol

Question why all the white on this black copper chick?
Most of the black breeds look like that at thatch. The fluff feathers will fall out and the adult feathers will come int. They will not have their final adult look until the lase Juvenal molt at a bout 16 weeks old.

They look great!

Thanks to everyone who's congratulated me on my hatch. I really appreciate the kind words. Those Orust shipped eggs had me stressed for 3 weeks. But it turned out great and I couldn't be happier. And I want to give a big Congratulations to everyone who has pips and new baby's. And wish everyone luck who's still waiting patiently for there baby's to hatch. Good luck all!!!!

Back
Top Bottom