The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

JUST CAME HOME TO THIS!!!!

droolin.gif
All these adorable fuzzy-butts. My Easter hatch was plagued with trouble and sunk miserably with 0% hatched. However, I have a new set of eggs in the incubator. I candled this morning (day 5) and all 28 eggs are fertile!!!
celebrate.gif
6 duck eggs and 22 chicken eggs.

I managed to sneeze myself awake at around 3 this morning and ended up having to assist the silkie it got stuck. Well, the silkie chick has now ruined my hard work. It got itself stuck between the carton, managed to push its yolk sack OUT OF its abdomen, and then managed to tear it.
he.gif
I'm not hatching in cartons anymore. On top of that, I found the chick I assisted yesterday dead in the brooder this morning.

On the bright side, I woke up to a brooder full of chicks. A few more have hatched since then. Removed more fluff balls. One of them 0was laying on top of a chick that's trying to finish hatching.

Been out of touch for a while, 810 posts behind. Will catch up later. 23 eggs went into lock down late Tuesday night. 14 English Orpingtons from Hog Creek Ranch and 9 BYM. Had 2 BYM and 1 EO frizzle hatch last night and have 3 more BYM that hatched this morning and quite a few pips going on. Will take pics in a bit and share.

I managed to sneeze myself awake at around 3 this morning and ended up having to assist the silkie it got stuck. Well, the silkie chick has now ruined my hard work. It got itself stuck between the carton, managed to push its yolk sack OUT OF its abdomen, and then managed to tear it. :he  I'm not hatching in cartons anymore. On top of that, I found the chick I assisted yesterday dead in the brooder this morning.

On the bright side, I woke up to a brooder full of chicks. A few more have hatched since then. Removed more fluff balls. One of them 0was laying on top of a chick that's trying to finish hatching.
yikes! Sorry you lost two

Back
Top Bottom