The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

End result: 10 chicks from the 12 eggs I set!
Congratulations Banti!
woot.gif

So, the few that have hatched are playing WWE in the bator. They have knocked over my thermostat/thermometer. Do I dare open the bator and set it back up? I have prob 6-7 pipped.

I did, for 5 seconds. It didn't affect humidity or the hatching chicks. But don't say I said that! :oops:

LL

I love these little white poults! Are they midgets by chance? Not real familiar with turkeys, bit I do know that I love the midgets. :) I've only seen white ones.. photos of them.
no they are sweetgrass but mama is very minimum colored. Will color up more as they age. I wanted midgets white but when I'd go see parents were big. It said on a site I was on to watch out for large midgets so I didn't buy their eggs. Love the sweetgrass their colors are so pretty

Since my first pip was almost 24 hours ago, and it hadn't done anything I decided to assist. Sadly I opened the hole a bit more, and found a dead, perfectly developed, shrink wrapped chick. The other pip is doing well however, has made a big hole, and is chirping away. None of the other eggs are doing anything, but then again it's only day 20.
Ok, I just assisted the other chick since the membrane had dried out and it was stuck. It's now cheeping its little head off as it dries out in the bator. I think it's a silkie cross or a mille flour d'uccle bantam cross ...looking forward to seeing it dried out.

Last edited:

no they are sweetgrass but mama is very minimum colored. Will color up more as they age. I wanted midgets white but when I'd go see parents were big. It said on a site I was on to watch out for large midgets so I didn't buy their eggs. Love the sweetgrass their colors are so pretty

Oh wow, they are pretty!

Back
Top Bottom