The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I totally forgot to update, lol...

So my little broody duck was right, she heard babies in the hatcher this morn... early afternoon, we had at least one hatched... several others are hatched now, dunno how many and can't see pips either, lol... guess we'll find out when it's done... and have several Calls pipped and getting ready to come out too... :)

I have 1 chick hatched from my ameraucana so far. She must've heard the toothless wonder whose shell I had to crack open. Grabbed her and the assist out quickly. Un-stuck the assist chick and stuck back in bator (using spray bottle to up humidity after opening quickly).
Worried about the new chick. She was a little too eager and pulled out of the shell before the navel was 100% sealed. Held her for about an hour wrapped up with a tissue. Seems the navel finally closed after 2 episodes of Duck Dynasty. Put save-a-chick in the water, made the little tike drink some, and placed her in the brooder. I really hope fluffy face makes it

Woke up to find one out! 7 more pipped- one starting to unzip. 3 standing by. :pop

Yay!!!
frow.gif

Silkies, or ???
big_smile.png
Silkies and the other one hatched. Nothing with the pipped one. The parents are paint hen black roo. These 2 are one white with what may look like a few black spots and the other is black with white feet, tail and chest. It's gonna be interesting to see how they feather out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom