The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

UPDATE! :yiipchick

All 5 black tails have hatched :D A black mottled bantam Pekin just hatched now so just waiting on the final pekin that has pipped to zip and hatch :pop

HELP - More successful hatches overnight but I think I have one that might need help!!

It's been partially zipped since yesterday evening and I've heard muffled cheeping but it doesn't seem to be able to make more progress than the half zip...

I was SURE it would be out by this morning but it's the same way still...what should I do ??!!!

So this is the first time I've used my R•Com & now that the display is down to day 1 & my eggs are just pipped (quail), my question is does the incubator just shut off after the time is up or will it keep running for late/staggered hatches?

Ooh, & for quail, is it within normal for them to just stay pipped for 24+hours with no progress but slight rocking on occasion?

HELP - More successful hatches overnight but I think I have one that might need help!!

It's been partially zipped since yesterday evening and I've heard muffled cheeping but it doesn't seem to be able to make more progress than the half zip...

I was SURE it would be out by this morning but it's the same way still...what should I do ??!!!

More than 90 minutes of trying to zip and it will need help to get out. Finish the zip for it but let it come out of the shell on its own.

More than 90 minutes of trying to zip and it will need help to get out. Finish the zip for it but let it come out of the shell on its own.

Thank you! Immediately took your advice because I know it's been trying SO long...just gently pulled to finish the zip and now they're busy pushing out on their own!! Thanks! Never want to lose any to something uncoils have easily helped prevent!

Thank you! Immediately took your advice because I know it's been trying SO long...just gently pulled to finish the zip and now they're busy pushing out on their own!! Thanks! Never want to lose any to something uncoils have easily helped prevent!

:highfive:

Pleased to hear they are pushing out now :D

I had one once that could not finish on its own so I literally removed one piece of shell and it burst out of the egg in my hand! :eek:
Sure was relief for the poor little thing to have a stretch.

Good luck & "Happy birthday" to you! :yiipchick

Back
Top Bottom