The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

So CUTE! <3
Yay!!!! *dance*
Congrats!
You've got time yet! Time for a self distraction!
Omg! Seems so early! What was your temp throughout incubation?

101.5-102, I am using still air

was the early bird a banty?  they hatch early,

You got it! The lone LF egg hatched day 19. :thumbsup

More than 90 minutes of trying to zip and it will need help to get out. Finish the zip for it but let it come out of the shell on its own.

:goodpost:

I'm pulling out of the contest. My chicks divided to hatch a day early. Lol

You don't need to pull out. This is a hatchalong and no matter when the eggs hatch or don't hatch, you are a participant!
I have 4 bantam chicks. Plus one baby dove.
Pictures of the baby dove, please!

Ooh, & for quail, is it within normal for them to just stay pipped for 24+hours with no progress but slight rocking on occasion?

I don't know but am quoting this so maybe someone who does will answer.

I have 4 bantam chicks. Plus one baby dove.

HEY speaking of doves.... My kids found a newly hatched dove baby on the ground (with wreckage, a nest theu had previously observed from a respectful distance).

So I have this TINY creature inside - in a box in the brooder to keep her safe. But a tree bird is different than the chicks - needs mama to brings it worms, right?! Eeek!

Sidetracking from my HAL - I have 3 out now. Interestingly, 2 are bantams, so that early thing is working...

Finally hit the day 21 mark! This will probably be my last update for the evening, although the incubator is still very active. 11 have hatched, 8 more have pips, no action from the other 11 yet but pips keep coming one at a time so I'm hoping for the best. One chick came out as an absolute bloody mess, I have no clue what happened to it but it's acting completely normal. The egg had a puddle of blood in it, and the poor little thing painted all of the eggs and cartons around him red as he flopped around. What a mess! I couldn't find any injuries on him and he looks fine now so I just don't know what to think about it.

I do have a question, is it normal for some EE/OE to have single combs? Because I'm pretty certain 3 of these nuggets so far have single combs. Some have solid dark legs, some have solid pink legs, others have dark legs and pink toes. They're all so super cute. I think my favorite so far has to be a little white/yellow one with black spots all down it's back.I'll get pictures tomorrow when everyone is a bit more fluffed up. I think I'll also ask the sellers tomorrow what all the parent stock was for these chicks. I wanted them all to be a surprise so I never asked when I got them.

There is no normal with EE's. ;) It all depends on the parent stock. Remember, EE/OE's aren't a breed, they're a mix of whatever you want, that just happens to lay colorful eggs. I know a number of people who are making EE's with cream legbars. Those end up with a single comb.

:highfive:

Pleased to hear they are pushing out now :D

I had one once that could not finish on its own so I literally removed one piece of shell and it burst out of the egg in my hand! :eek:
Sure was relief for the poor little thing to have a stretch.

Good luck & "Happy birthday" to you! :yiipchick

Thank you!!!
1f60a.png
1f388.png
1f60a.png

And yes, I'm glad I helped - they're getting along fine now in there.
Very sad though as I didn't realize my last exchequer had partially zipped (underneath where I couldn't really see) and I'm 99% sure it's DIS now...not a good birthday gift darn it...

Thank you!!!
1f60a.png
1f388.png
1f60a.png

And yes, I'm glad I helped - they're getting along fine now in there.
Very sad though as I didn't realize my last exchequer had partially zipped (underneath where I couldn't really see) and I'm 99% sure it's DIS now...not a good birthday gift darn it...

I'm sorry about your exchequer :hugs
Have you checked it yet?

Back
Top Bottom