The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Last night my only good Rosecomb egg started to zip. And I am not ashamed to say I stayed up to watch.
lol.png
Glad I did too, because toward the end I noticed the humidity had dropped and membrane was drying and had glued the chick to the egg. So I had assist. My old styro bator has been good to me for almost 9 years, but it looks like I will be looking for a new incubator.

Still, I am very happy with my hatch! Even if I only got one chick.
clap.gif

Im out......all of mine are dead. Not surprised. Ill stick to hatching my own eggs. Im absolutly done trying to hatch other peoples eggs. Ends the same way everytime.

Mine is a large homemade bator made from a sink cabinet. It opens at the top. I have an old blanket hanging over it and I crawl under the blanket and pull it down over my hips and then open the bator lid. The blanket keeps the heat and moisture from escaping fast. I have even had the lights turn off on me while checking the eggs because the temps were holding so well. It has worked really well for me.

I think though that I am going to go ahead and build out my old dishwasher as an incubator and donate this one to a 4-H kid. This is because I have gastric reflux and to reach the bottom of this bator I have to be in the toe-touching position with the wall of the bator digging into my belly and fighting reflux at the same time.
I can see where that could be a problem and I'm sure who ever gets the incubator will be very happy

on day 21 as of noon today. So far no movement. 14 eggs just sitting there..I guess I will give them until Wednesday, if nothing happens I will try again. Maybe second time will be better, had a lot of issues this first time learning what to do..

Back
Top Bottom