The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Hi everyone! Hopefully my peahens will start laying and I can set some of their eggs. If not, I guess a can set some Muscovy eggs.
big_smile.png

One of my Cream Legbars just started laying! Gonna do a test hatch to see if they're fertile, the rooster attacked me yesterday so it seems like his hormones are finally kicking in
tongue.png

One of my Cream Legbars just started laying! Gonna do a test hatch to see if they're fertile, the rooster attacked me yesterday so it seems like his hormones are finally kicking in :p

Im having that same issue with my young buff Orpington. Hes real big and pretty but getting to aggressive. Anybody know of a way to stop this? Id hate to put him down cause he attacks a child.

Im having that same issue with my young buff Orpington. Hes real big and pretty but getting to aggressive. Anybody know of a way to stop this? Id hate to put him down cause he attacks a child.
I had a very aggressive roo. He was a rescue that was treated very bad but anyway to break him of attacking. Every time I went out to the yard I would seek him catch him and walk around with him in my arms while doing my chores, sometimes I didn't catch him but he is now a very calm rooster, I guess I had to put people on top of the pecking order. He would sneak up on you when your back was turned and spur me or anyone who came in the yard, he even drew blood from me through heavy jeans but really it did work. Good luck and keep us updated.

As Katsdar said, picking him up and petting his head to show him you're the boss is the only way I really know of. Some young roos will be very aggressive but mellow out as they get older, others never grow out of it and make delicious soup....

My roo is a new breed I'm working on and he wasn't breeding the hens cause he was too mellow so for me the attack was great, he does live in a pen most of the time tho so attacking isn't a problem.

Back
Top Bottom